I always do as well. As with all USB drives, yanking them without properly dismounting can cause corrupt files.ArchosStyle wrote:Orwells1984IsHereNow wrote:Apart from "don't buy an Archos in the first place..", are these the main do's and dont's for the newbie?
1. Don't drop the Archos when its playing.
2. Don't buy the official Archos case (it can cause no.1 above).
3. ALWAYS use safe USB disconnect from a PC.
4. Don't defrag or CHKDSK /r an Achos using a Win2k (or higher) PC.
5. Fit a screen protector.
6. Don't bother using Microsoft Media Player 11.
7. Get a USB Host Storage Drive and back-up your files.
8. Charge the battery fully before first use.
9. Download DivXEncoder (or Super)
10. Search this forum before asking questions.
Why this? 3. ALWAYS use safe USB disconnect from a PC.
i never disconect it safe i just pull the cable out of my archos and thats it
I have only had this happen to me once and that was because the drive was still writing.
If you have corrupted files though, don't say we didn't warn you.