Sony might want your Archos

Info and analysis of Archos competitors
zandoli
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sony might want your Archos

Post by zandoli »

Companies are using all strategies possible to get the edge.
Even tablet trade-ins.
Sony is offering $100.00 off of the 9.4 inch Tablet S.

Info from
http://www.carrypad.com/2011/08/31/sony ... -save-100/
8+32GB A101S-V5(T1) OMAP4460 ES1.1
Harfainx

Re: Sony might want your Archos

Post by Harfainx »

So after I trade in my tablet... I still have to fork over another $399 for their base model? Uhh... not going to happen.
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarcusMarcus »

Yeah, not good enough. I would rather spend less than $300 on my next tablet and keep my Archos 70 as a secondary tablet for the wife or kids.
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
TinyJWR
Archos User
Archos User

Post by TinyJWR »

Due to their business practices, Sony is one of the companies I refuse to make richer. If they gave the product away, I might consider getting one and donating it to Toys for Tots.
35 characters isn't enuff for a sig
xfirex
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by xfirex »

TinyJWR wrote:Due to their business practices, Sony is one of the companies I refuse to make richer. If they gave the product away, I might consider getting one and donating it to Toys for Tots.
+1, they will never get a cent from me after their fiasco bully tactics with the ps3, this company is no good, plain and simple.
Give me Liberty or Structured Notes
4DThinker
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by 4DThinker »

I picked up the Sony Tablet S and find it to be a great tablet that is well engineered, original, and beautiful to look at (both the screen and the thing itself). I had a 10% discount code for JR.com and got mine for $450. They've updated them to android 3.2, and mine runs great. Even bought the cradle, case, and USB adapter cable.

Some retailers will offer you $100 for any old tablet if you pay retail price for one of the new ones. The Sony link above only offered $13 for my Archos 7 8gb in great condition and including the power supply, yet at times BestBuy or Staples would have gladly offered $100 off a new tablet price in exchange for it. A common tactic, and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Return to “Competitors”