Toshiba Thrive looks good

Info and analysis of Archos competitors
nfordrchsfns
Archos User
Archos User

Toshiba Thrive looks good

Post by nfordrchsfns »

I love the A70-250G, but the Thrive has full-sized ports and a swappable battery, plus a lot of things the A70 doesn't have like the cameras, GPS, etc. It's coming in at a decent price, too.
enthalpy
Archos User
Archos User

Re: Toshiba Thrive looks good

Post by enthalpy »

Yes, it is tempting. All these Android tabs have pluses and minuses. The Toshiba is heavier, which I don't like. But it isn't restricted to the proprietary ports (like the Samsung 10.1 and the Ipad 2). Trade-offs.
A5A 16GB,BT kbd,DVRdock..A101 RMA'd
Greg_e
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Greg_e »

Saw a commercial on TV that they claim this is the first tablet to get it right. Anyone claiming they made the perfect tablet is either very arrogant or trying to push sales with a bit of a stretch. I foresee this tag line coming back to haunt them.
Kodiak

Post by Kodiak »

Full size host ports that are NOT proprietary. User swappable battery (HUGE). Large processor, plus memory. Honeycomb. It will not have the video support that Archos has, but that is just about perfect (at this point in time) for a tablet.
Greg_e
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by Greg_e »

Assuming that it actually operates correctly, and that is where I think the big exception will be. I also think the price is too high to call it perfect, for nearly that much I can get a Win7 tablet that will let me use real productivity tools to do real work, there are trade offs either way.

Return to “Competitors”