Eee Pad Transformer

Info and analysis of Archos competitors
MikeeWeird
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Eee Pad Transformer

Post by MikeeWeird »

True, but most are discussed with a" great tablet for the price" theory but so is my Dakota ,its still not a full size dodge :)

Getting back to the original post.Hope someone gets an EEE pad soon so I can get reviews from members here
mplant1999
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by mplant1999 »

This is all a bit pointless. A Mazda Speed3 reviewed on its own does VERY well. A BMW M3 reviewed on its own does very well... Compare the two and what happens? The BMW will win a shootout every time. Does this make the Mazda a piece of crap? Of course not.

Put another way: I have the A5IT, the A43IT, an HTC Surround (WP7) and an iPod Touch 4g. The graphics reproduction on each is superb when viewed in isolation. Compare them and they clearly sort themselves into the order I've given from poorest to best quality. There is a big jump from the A5 to the A43 (mostly the difference is in the "warmth" of colour reproduction - I find the A5 quite "cold" in comparison to the others), a minor one from the A43 to the HTC and a significant (though not huge) jump from that to the iPod.

So... I think it is possible to enjoy these devices on their own merits. Comparing them to each other isn't really a useful exercise, at least not on specs. However, comparing the user experience is, I think, valid. Price is also valid but if the price differences are "affordable" to the end-user then I don't see how price is a particularly important consideration - I mean, we're not talking about the difference between the $30000 Mazada Speed3 and the $70000 BMW M3! FWIW both are beyond my reach, but I can afford any of the tablets on the market today...
A43IT A5IT Transformer Playbook
MikeeWeird
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MikeeWeird »

+1 Mike =D>
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

MikeeWeird wrote:Getting back to the original post.Hope someone gets an EEE pad soon so I can get reviews from members here
I should have mine tomorrow - no dock, though, as it's not available yet.

I'll likely be formatting and selling my Archos device pretty soon after I receive the EEE Pad, so I don't know if I'll be able to compare the two, but if you have any questions on the Transformer or how it operates, let me know and I'll try to answer your questions :)
xfirex
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by xfirex »

WMTOANDROID wrote:
MikeeWeird wrote:Getting back to the original post.Hope someone gets an EEE pad soon so I can get reviews from members here
I should have mine tomorrow - no dock, though, as it's not available yet.

I'll likely be formatting and selling my Archos device pretty soon after I receive the EEE Pad, so I don't know if I'll be able to compare the two, but if you have any questions on the Transformer or how it operates, let me know and I'll try to answer your questions :)
Great, don't forget to give us your review and thoughts on the Asus, in my experience they build very nice devices.
Give me Liberty or Structured Notes
MikeeWeird
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MikeeWeird »

Looking forward to your review ,I hope it works as well as the specks infer.Amazon ca is on back order on the first day :) not a surprise.
Have fun
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

MikeeWeird wrote:Looking forward to your review ,I hope it works as well as the specks infer.Amazon ca is on back order on the first day :) not a surprise.
Have fun
I believe all of North America sold out, not just Amazon. I was VERY lucky to have been able to put an order in from a "temporary" product page many hours before the page was officially up - I might have been the first in Canada to have placed an order :lol:
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

I've been playing with the transformer for a few hours now and I only have wonderful things to say about it. Honeycomb takes some getting use to, but it's not that complicated. Everythingmy archos tablet did, the transformer seems to be able to do better. I haven't tested everything that, but so far I like what I'm seeing.

Last me know if anyone has any questions.
MikeeWeird
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by MikeeWeird »

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new tab,after you have had fun for a week or so,give us a list of pro and cons if you get a chance.

Thanks
xfirex
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by xfirex »

WMTOANDROID wrote:I've been playing with the transformer for a few hours now and I only have wonderful things to say about it. Honeycomb takes some getting use to, but it's not that complicated. Everythingmy archos tablet did, the transformer seems to be able to do better. I haven't tested everything that, but so far I like what I'm seeing.

For me the biggest question would be how it runs embedded flash.
How fast do they load, and how is the playback?
Also how fast is the loading of heavy graphic content web sites?
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

xfirex wrote:
WMTOANDROID wrote:I've been playing with the transformer for a few hours now and I only have wonderful things to say about it. Honeycomb takes some getting use to, but it's not that complicated. Everythingmy archos tablet did, the transformer seems to be able to do better. I haven't tested everything that, but so far I like what I'm seeing.

One word - Amazing. Not a single problem with flash. Are there any sites that you would like me to test?

The web experience is close to my laptop. i was using Firefox mobile and had about a dozen tabs open with large sites (like cnn, espn) and it remained fast and stable.

MORE INFO: I noticed that even flash that says "not optimized for mobile" runs really smooth too :)
mplant1999
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by mplant1999 »

You're making me jealous, wmtoandroid!
A43IT A5IT Transformer Playbook
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

mplant1999 wrote:You're making me jealous, wmtoandroid!
If you are in the market for a 10" tablet - this is the one to get. Selling my Archos made the purchase easier. Got any devices you can sell? :)
MarcusMarcus
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by MarcusMarcus »

Sounds like a great device. If they only had a 5"-7" model I would probably give my Archos 70 up for it. 10" is just to big for me, would be nice to have around at home though. Thanks for your review WMTOANDROID, any chance of a video of it in action?
Archos 70S
Samsung GalaxyS WiFi 5.0
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

MarcusMarcus wrote:Sounds like a great device. If they only had a 5"-7" model I would probably give my Archos 70 up for it. 10" is just to big for me, would be nice to have around at home though. Thanks for your review WMTOANDROID, any chance of a video of it in action?
Yes, I'll even admit that 10" takes some getting use to, even from a 7" device. I`d l love to do a video review, between my camera phone and SLR camera, I could never do this device justice.

There are some quirks that I'll go over in an extended review next week.
xfirex
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by xfirex »

WMTOANDROID wrote:
xfirex wrote:

One word - Amazing. Not a single problem with flash. Are there any sites that you would like me to test?

The web experience is close to my laptop. i was using Firefox mobile and had about a dozen tabs open with large sites (like cnn, espn) and it remained fast and stable.

MORE INFO: I noticed that even flash that says "not optimized for mobile" runs really smooth too :)
That is fantastic news, we have finally entered the days of tablets with a full web experience.
I wonder how much of the success has to do with the optimization Asus has put into this tablet, they have always impressed me as top shelf company.
Thanks for letting us know, I was waiting for a feedback like yours before making any new purchases.
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

Well Adobe put out another update for flash yesterday and it has further optimizations that will be made available in a future Honeycomb update. I'm not sure how much more they can optimize, but the flash experience is great. Was even able to watch a show on the Megavideo site without problems :)
xfirex
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Post by xfirex »

Just one other question, how would is your experience with the battery life so far?
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

xfirex wrote:Just one other question, how would is your experience with the battery life so far?
Right after the first charge, I was able to get 8h with 34% to spare. During that time, I was installing apps, testing games, playing flash video - basically doing everything. I'm quite happy, but I often use my devices while they are plugged in to avoid putting on charge cycles.
WMTOANDROID
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Post by WMTOANDROID »

I just put up a quick review for those who are interested.
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... 75#p346675

Return to “Competitors”