Gmini 400 broken screen

First compact PMP (2004)
Phil32
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Gmini 400 broken screen

Post by Phil32 »

My son has a Gmini400 since 3-4 years and he broke the screen. He liked it very much and I would like to see if we could change it.
Is there a place where we could buy a new one or are there people selling their Gmini with a broken HDD or battery?
I tried Newmp3technology but they don't have screen for it.

Thanks.
Philippe
Philippe
maxliebscher
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Gmini 400 broken screen

Post by maxliebscher »

Hey,

Have you already found a solution? - Unfortunately my Archos Gmini 400 screen is broken too.
Phil32
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Phil32 »

No solution yet.
Philippe
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

the gmini is an excellent workhorse tbh, its actually one of my fav machines to come out of the archos camp.
I dont think it was even possible to get a screen when they were still being made, if you take your screen out and have a look you maybe able to get a part number of the thing and then google will be your best friend.
The other place to check out is ebay, the occsaionally come up on there with broken hard drives but you could be waiting for a while. on there atm is a working machine for £100 and a broken machine (lcd typically) for £20.
I will keep my eyes open but if you can get the part number you maybe able to go to a lcd manufactors directly to get one.
roy
COYI

Return to “Gmini400 and Gmini402”