Archos 97b platinum

Allwinner A31 quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 based.
Jammed_Death
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 97b platinum

Post by Jammed_Death »

Hello everyone, i bought a qilive 97r from auchan, the rebrand of archos 97b platinum.

Here's the specs

rockchip 3188 quadcore 1.6ghz
2gb ram
2 cameras 2mpx
2gb ram
8gb storage
display 9.7 retina
mali 400 mp4
android 4.2.2

the hw looks very good and the tablet is smooth. But, it's look like, totally casual, i have some lags. But not android lags. For example: i'm playing candy crush or plant vs zombies, game go smooth and fluid but with no reason game slowdown like cpu or gpu go on heavy load.

but why was working good and then not? I have talked with lots of people on forums and apparently this tablet has a crappy optimization of rom and kernel. The rom is almost stock but ram is always at 90% with only 2-3 processes at work. Plus the rom is based on old sdk from rockchip, not the 2.0 with greatest optimization.
I already contacted archos for updates or something but no answers and i'm posting in lot of forums to ask for help by cooks for modded kernel or rom

Someone here could help me with that? Rockchip released sdk for kitkat but it's not necessary for now, a good optimization and maybe sdk 2.0 would be nice because this is a really good tablet that deserve better support and software.

ps: another thing, i read that the titanium 97 got the resolution switcher but there isn't in this platinum and resolution switcher from play store don't work. I mean, they works but screen got shifted up and leave a black bar (don't know to explain better lol)

Mickrick
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 97b platinum

Post by Mickrick »

Unfortunately as most Archos owners will tell you, Archos is terrible for customer service and support. It brings out a product and then turns its back on it. The previous 97 suffered the same fate, 1 update and then nothing.

On the other hand, Onda, on who's V97 tablets the Archos ones are based on, have a fantastic customer service and release regular updates for its tablets. They have just released android 4.4 KitKat updates across its range. Which is why many Archos owners, myself included, take advantage of the Onda custom rom scene. Have a look on xda developers site for more info.
Jammed_Death
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Re: Archos 97b platinum

Post by Jammed_Death »

the problem is that the 97b platinum is not based on onda but on aoson m30q..

Return to “Archos Platinum”