convertor / translator packages

Old generations (2002, 2003, 2004)
chrisst2
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

convertor / translator packages

Post by chrisst2 »

Hi, can anyone recommend the bets 'free translator/convertor' software to use for the Archos AV420.
The Archos MP4SP and Virtualdub seem pretty old to me, there must be a newer package for Windows 7?.

Last but not least, I have WMP11 , but this doesn't recognise the AV420, I ahve to use it as a hard drive, is that correct ? (I tried changing the settings on the AV420 but it made no difference)

Any ideas and help gratefully accepted

thanks

Chris
fredc
Archos User
Archos User

Re: convertor / translator packages

Post by fredc »

you can try fairuse light, limited to 700MB but fine for 400 screen and smaller tvs:

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/fa ... ition.html

or pocker divx encoder:

http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/EN_index.htm

which should have a av400 template.

See which is easier for you. Personally I have found fairuse more reliable but it may depend on your rips. These are probably the easiest programs to use, but there is nothing wrong with virtual dub.

If you can't get windows mode recognised it may be because the 400 is too old so maybe you're limited to hard drive mode?
chrisst2
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by chrisst2 »

thanks Fredc

I think you are right about the AV400 being too old for Windows 7 and WMP11 ... no problem though.

Ref the translators software, thanks for the update, the biggest problme I have is that I am a total newbie and amateur with all this stuff... as you say VirtualDub is probably great but with a user like myself ... as always ...I blame the tools :-)
Generally I will only be using it for recording from my helmet cam (when it arrives) so shouldn't need to do much translations.

On another topic ... does the Av400 support LANC remote control?

thanks again for your help

Chris
fredc
Archos User
Archos User

Post by fredc »

Hi, I can't remember if the av400 had a dedicated archos cam but if so would have been tailored to the recording dongle sockets. If the lanc is a universal camera/camcoder type I doubt it will work but you can always try.

Return to “AV400, AV300, AV100 and JBMM”