AV320 - PLEASE HELP - Can't move Right or Down on screen

Old generations (2002, 2003, 2004)
Rob68
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

AV320 - PLEASE HELP - Can't move Right or Down on screen

Post by Rob68 »

Hi Guys,
My trusty old AV320 has developed a fault in which it won't move right or down anymore with either the cursor or remote. It will change tracks with the fm remote, but I cannot move around the screen to change settings etc.
Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to rectify this fault as it has lasted a damn site longer than my 605. It has also defaulted to analogue input settings and I cannot change the audiocorder to digital input anymore due to this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice.
roylovelock

Re: AV320 - PLEASE HELP - Can't move Right or Down on screen

Post by roylovelock »

http://www.newmp3technology.com/av300stick.htm

you may have to contact mike there as it looks like they are out of stock atm.
this is a VERY common fault on these machines, i had 2 joysticks replaced so far in the course of its life. they are pretty easy to replace if your handy with a soldering iron.
your lucky to have had this long out of yours, mine failed about the 2 year mark with the thing falling to pieces when i moved it,
roy
COYI
Rob68
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Post by Rob68 »

Thanks for the reply, but would a broken joystick still stop me from moving Right with the FM Remote attached too?
roylovelock

Post by roylovelock »

nope thats how i had to use mine, the joysticks have a plate of thin metal inside with 4 points of contact and also a centre click switch.
on my one it failed down and eventually it snapped off where i was putting more pressure on the joystick.
let me know how you get on over there, mike is very very helpful.
roy
COYI

Return to “AV400, AV300, AV100 and JBMM”