Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine crashes after trying to open a .avi video with a bitrate of ~22000 kb/s...weird :?
It look as if its gonna start any moment but then it crashes (Archos-Welcome-Screeen)

Post subject: 605 firmware bugs 2.0.10
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:21 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Video Settings lost on the firmware 2.0.10. The video settings does not appear when i play a video from youtube or streaming video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mine doesnt update the arclibrary concerning the "music" folder.
it works fine with the videos, but changed some directorynames in the music folder and now my music doesnt play...
i tried manually updating at least 10 times...nothing..
i'm tired of losing all my wireless-settings with each "clear temporary files"...
BLAH :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:04 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

2 stand outs so far....

First (and this may usually happen but it's the first time I've noticed), my personal bookmarks have disappeared. Looks like the Web Browser cache has been flushed....the default favourites are there, but the 40 odd I've accumulated in the last few weeks are gone. This also includes all 'Go to...' entries (past searches and entered urls)

Not happy with that, but the second takes the biscuit. Usually when a music file or video stops, the 605 used to suspend itself if there was nothing else in the folder. On Monday, the day after I updated to 2010, I played a half hour of video and a couple of mixes which lasted a couple of hours. normally this would use about a third of the battery life. Later in the evening when I tried to start the 605, nothing happened....nearly had a heart attack. Stuck it in the DVR and the charge light came on but the machine didn't boot as it normally would.....really got worried then! Had another look five mins later, and thankfully it booted, but then switched off. After giving it some more juice, it booted again, but the meter read absolutely empty..I left it charging and thought nothing more of it, just grateful I didn't have to go through the RMA process.

The same thing happened today after I played a mix which lasted an hour and put it down after it finished (unaware of the suspending problem) When I got home six hours later, the machine lit up as soon as I touched it, and the battery was down to 1 bar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:24 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Did you check your power settings? If you lost temporary files and cache with the update, you may have lost other settings as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:55 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Just had a look after your suggestion, and everything is as it should be. I'll just have to be sure to manually close down.

On reflection, the loss of the browser bookmarks hurts more. They were built up during the loss of my main comp for a couple of weeks, a pain to replace even with the remote. Again, maybe I should just be grateful I had my 605 to fill the gap :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

after i have downloaded and installed the 2.0.10 firmware i cant transfer anything to my device..!what must i do now to fix this?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

gdamaro wrote:
:(
Hi Folks,

I have an 80GB 605, running 1.8.0.7 which generally I've very happy with, however there are a couple of niggly things I've noticed.

All my playlists created on the unit appears in an "Unknown" folder within Playlists.
The unit appears to reset quite frequently when using playlists, and also sometimes when selecting "resume" playback of a playlist after suspending the unit.
The fact that playlists with Windows Media Player 11 do not synchronise with it.

The last 2 problems I've reported to Archos weeks ago, and despite receiving some repsonses (only for the last issue), they were not able to help me.

Appreciate any feedback/solutions anyone can give me on these.

g

the WMP11 playlist sync should be fixed with the latest firmware update, maybe it also fixes the resets.

about the "unknown" playlist, some details here: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?p=93298#93298

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My archos 605 30 gig has a problem with my home wifi network. its no big deal, but it views my home network as unconfigured, even though it remembers the wep key. it also used to not do this until i signed on to a different network at my school

Post subject: mini Cam issue 2.1.04
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:32 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Just noticed that my mini cam will not record with the 2.1.04 firware. I tried everything. It shows an error as soon as you try and start recording.

Sheesh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 am 

towerpmc wrote:
Just noticed that my mini cam will not record with the 2.1.04 firware. I tried everything. It shows an error as soon as you try and start recording.

Sheesh

have you tried going back to 2.04 (i think), also i had problems with video streaming when i first updated to 2.1.04 but a re instal fixed it.
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:32 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Minor bug for Archos to fix :-)

- create a playlist on the player
- listen to playlist
- suspend the player ( press the power off )
- power the player back on a try to resume the list by clicking on the icon on the front screen
- icon disappears and playlist does not resume

It works for playlists that you have imported or saved, just not for an "on-the-fly" one you have just created.

A small thing, but annoying.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ranceramos wrote:
A605 160
Firmware 1.7.06

Bug: Can't view PDF files while clock is in 12hr format (attempts to open but just returns to main screen)

Bug: Can't toggle subtitles on/off in movies via the touch screen until the hard buttons are first used

Good thread! Let's hope people use this to get bugs fixed and not to Archos bash/whine

I didn't know if you could switch subtitles ON/OFF in Archos. How are you doing this? and what file format is supported for subtitles?

Post subject: Re: 605 firmware bugs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

why is it not possible to downgrade the firmware? i'm about to chuck this thing across the room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

tetsuo001100 wrote:
why is it not possible to downgrade the firmware? i'm about to chuck this thing across the room.

Many devices don't allow a downgrade like my DVD player, spare dash-cam, TV (yes the TV)...

Are you having specific issues that make you want to throw your Archos? If so, we can help!
Bill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I am not for sure if this is a firmware bug or software issue.

When using the helmet cam, stop recording via helmet cam stop.

after a minute, the video will start playing ! don't know why and i then have to try and stop it. which also creates a issue.

since while the helmet cam is plugged in, the touch screen buttons on the screen are disabled due to the helmet cam being plugged in.

so this can be a pain to stop, after all don't wanna run the battery down, when you are waiting to do you next helmet cam recording.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
I have archos 605 wifi 80gb.
After i updated to firmware 2.1.04 the wifi refuses to work.
I am getting a message "wifi error". Before the update the wifi worked fine.
I tried everything... rapair and formating tools, recovery screen, reset, shutdown and still nothing.
Please help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

sav666,

Have you contacted archos ? i have done updates on 3 archos 605 wifi units, and had not had wifi issue, except with distance.

make sure wifi is on and checking settings, do you have the web browser or were you just sharing the hard drive ?

more info needed, but reguardless please get intouch with archos, but likely a setting or need re-install of firmware.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The wifi on the router is on, i have a perfect signal on my laptop.
I don't have the web browser, but it doesn't matter. The devise doesn't get to the state where it supposed to look for available natworks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:07 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

still need firmware info and if you checked all the wifi settings in the unit ? what were they set at ?

my guess the update might have taken wrong or need re-done, the settings might have got recent,

you try a pin reset ?

with out us having this info, we can not help you.

let us know more info or let us know what tech support walked you through on.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next