Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

IT says unable to recognize file, error 219

What happened?

It all started when I tried to transfer a show from Dish Vip622 onto the ARchos, then my Dish went off, reboot and came back up after its check up steps 1 through 5. Plugged the ARchos 605 and again, it bricked it.

I though it was the firmware (the one back in December), so I downloaded 1.8.03 put it on root directory as always, and error 209.

Plugged it back to the computer (PC running XP) and deleted file from root, installed 1.8.05 and again, error 209.

Now, it just attempts to turn on, starts the Archos black screen and goes off. Starts again and goes off.

I don't know what to do... any suggestions?

Thanks,
Balperro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i just put an 8gb flash (thats not the bug ), but everytime i try to copy over 200mb ( or more than 5 files with that capacity ) , its just not gonna copy that to my 605 (i can copy 5 files 1sth , but the next 5 wont copy ), i have to unplug it from the PC and then just plug it back , and now i can copy more 200mb or 5 more files( it wont let me copy more than 4-5 files at once) , weird huh ? , try that and tell me if im wrong or maybe someone can give a solution :P

P.S : i have latest FW , 1.08 something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

one more , everytime i turn off my archos the time/hour will reset to 7 am and year 2007 , i synchronice it again and i will do the same s_ _t ....

i think the cons are few vs Pros , i still want to have with me ^^ , and i hope it last more than 2 years :P

EDIT : whenever i rename files on my flash ( 8gb ) the archos will lock up -.-''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

1.8.05 broke subtitles, which are no longer playing at all. also, i have a 1.8gb AVI file which only plays the first 7 seconds.

thanks a lot archos, my player is currently useless since i cannot downgrade.

i suggest that anyone who regularly uses subtitles to stay with firmware 1.7.13 which is the last time they worked correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

nonstatic wrote:
1.8.05 broke subtitles, which are no longer playing at all. also, i have a 1.8gb AVI file which only plays the first 7 seconds.

i suggest that anyone who regularly uses subtitles to stay with firmware 1.7.13 which is the last time they worked correctly.

Can anyone with the firmware 1.8.05 and above test subtitles to check if it's an isolated problem or a general firmware problem?

If it's a general firmware problem with subtitles I recommend to e-mail Archos about it (via web support or [email protected])

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:02 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

1.8.05 Broke my 40GB 605

Nothing changed from before the update.

When I watched any film (Divx, Xvid, Vob etc), the screen started doing very weird things (parts became huge and others went like the old "Snow" image but in technicolour). this happened any time I pressed the menu button.

Had to reset the device (power button for 15 secs).

Anytime I set it to record from the telly when I was asleep it would start to record and then reset, leaving a broken file around 20 megs.

Then one day it refused to switch on (Friday 29th February)

Now have a new player same model and HDD size.

After update it came up with "Arclib update failed forced PC hard drive" and the Arclib update button disapeared along with the hdd mode select.

Had to do a full restore, format and restore before it worked again. The result is that 6.6GB of video now takes hours to transfer instead of the 30 mins it took pre update.

Hope that is enough info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bel wrote:
nonstatic wrote:

Can anyone with the firmware 1.8.05 and above test subtitles to check if it's an isolated problem or a general firmware problem?

If it's a general firmware problem with subtitles I recommend to e-mail Archos about it (via web support or [email protected])

Thanks

i did that, their response was:

"If you power on the unit by pressing and holding the TV/LCD button and power button simultaneously the unit will boot into a recovery screen. Once in this screen choose the repair option and follow the on screen instructions."

now my device is COMPLETELY BROKEN. i can't even transfer files anymore. thanks a lot archos! now i get to have a conversation with more braindead support people until they give me an RMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

my subs are workinng with any problem , i dont know why u cant , i have the lattest FW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

mr.whatever wrote:
my subs are workinng with any problem , i dont know why u cant , i have the lattest FW

Same here, updated my Archos 605 30GB with Firmware 1.8.07 and the subtitles are still working. A while ago in the system option I couldn't see the exact amount of free space anymore, it was stuck on 19.1GB while actually there was only 6GB left. But then I thought maybe it's time to clear the cache and temporary sytemfiles and after doing this it fixed it together with the fact that normaly he didn't want to show the album art when browsing a list of mp3s, if I played them I could see the album art but it wasn't there when browsing a list. Now that's fixed too.

Archos has one of the best hardware, but their operating system is almost the opposite. I hope there will be a worthy firmware update soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

davtek wrote:
Archos 605 4GB
Firmware 1.7.13 (WMDRMPD 10.1)

Bug Description:
I am streaming MP3 files from a Twonky media server v4.4.2 but the audio distorts when the Archos 605 backlight goes in to power saving mode. The buttons including 'X' also become unresponsive. When I operate any button and wait for 50 seconds the backlight switches on, the buttons work normally again, and the audio returns to normal. When the backlight goes off again the audio is again distorted. If I adjust the volume from time to time to stop the backlight going off the audio continues to sound fine but as soon as I allow the backlight to go off the audio becomes distorted and the buttons become unresponsive again.

I have connected the 605 to my network using two different wireless access point, one using WEP and one using WPA security. The distortion occurs even when the 605 is in close proximity to the the wireless access points. Audio streaming is one of the main reasons I purchased the 605. I can use my XBOX 360, which works great with Twonky, but the noise from the fan is too distracting! I would really like audio streaming to work on the 605.

An option to disable backlight power saving would be useful especially when the 605 is attached to a powered docking station.

I am also having this problem with FW 1.8.07 on a new 4GB 605 using Twonky, WMP 11 and TVersity. As for Davtek, wi-fi signal does not seem to be a factor. This is a big disappointment - I bought the 605 mainly for listening to streamed mp3s.

Post subject: Battery Dock
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

It seems that with the last firmware update my battery dock doesn't work. I had it connected to a fully charged 605 (prior to 1.8.5) and got nearly 8 hours of power with the battery dock and 4+ with the main battery. Now I am getting 3+ with just the main battery (0 brightness) and around 4 with the battery dock (0 brightness).

Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ever since i updated from the 1.7.13 my web browser freezes every time i try to get out of the internet browser, by either clicking X or the button X
its really annoying, and i messgaed archos support and they told me to reformat the archos, which i did and didnt fix anything, a complete waste of time.
this is my archos 4gb 605, and im thinking of sending it to be repared or get a new one. anyone who has either sent back their archos or got it "repaired" does it work? how long did it take? should i do this?

or should i wait until the next firmware which could hopefully fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:01 am 

mattbu wrote:
ever since i updated from the 1.7.13 my web browser freezes every time i try to get out of the internet browser, by either clicking X or the button X
its really annoying, and i messgaed archos support and they told me to reformat the archos, which i did and didnt fix anything, a complete waste of time.
this is my archos 4gb 605, and im thinking of sending it to be repared or get a new one. anyone who has either sent back their archos or got it "repaired" does it work? how long did it take? should i do this?

or should i wait until the next firmware which could hopefully fix this?

mine does this if wifi is dropped, check to see if wifi is still active when this happens (wifi sign greys out). it is pretty damn annoying though but i doubt if it is a fault with the unit.
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:42 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

iv tried it standing next to the wireless router and still does the same thing, im hoping archos can make a firmweare with this problme fixed and all the others here not just like 1.8.07 where they fixed chinese subtitles...
come on archos we dont care about chinese subs :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos605Owner wrote:
After installing firmware OS update v 1.7.06 on my Archos 605 WiFi 160GB, the infrared emitter does not appear to be sending the Power signal to my satellite box prior to trying to change the channel to the program I have scheduled it to record. This worked fine before applying the patch, but now it doesn't send the Power signal properly, even though the setup option to have it send the Power signal is set properly. When I do a test of the the Power signal in the setup screens it sends it properly and wakes up my DISH satellite receiver, but when it kicks in to start a scheduled recording it doesn't send the initial Power signal which keeps my DISH satellite box from switching out of standby mode before accepting the channel change being sent to it by the Archos 605.

I have the same problem with my 605 160 gig, the initial setup of the emitter works fine for the on/off function, but the system does not turn my cable box on prior to a pre-set recording session. I have tried at least a dosen times, even to the point of setting the devices face to face to assure a max. strength off the signal. I have also tried several different setup codes, with the same results.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:(
Hi Folks,

I have an 80GB 605, running 1.8.0.7 which generally I've very happy with, however there are a couple of niggly things I've noticed.

All my playlists created on the unit appears in an "Unknown" folder within Playlists.
The unit appears to reset quite frequently when using playlists, and also sometimes when selecting "resume" playback of a playlist after suspending the unit.
The fact that playlists with Windows Media Player 11 do not synchronise with it.

The last 2 problems I've reported to Archos weeks ago, and despite receiving some repsonses (only for the last issue), they were not able to help me.

Appreciate any feedback/solutions anyone can give me on these.

g

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

gdamaro wrote:
:(
Hi Folks,

I have an 80GB 605, running 1.8.0.7 which generally I've very happy with, however there are a couple of niggly things I've noticed.

All my playlists created on the unit appears in an "Unknown" folder within Playlists.
The unit appears to reset quite frequently when using playlists, and also sometimes when selecting "resume" playback of a playlist after suspending the unit.
The fact that playlists with Windows Media Player 11 do not synchronise with it.

The last 2 problems I've reported to Archos weeks ago, and despite receiving some repsonses (only for the last issue), they were not able to help me.

Appreciate any feedback/solutions anyone can give me on these.

g

I've got the same playlist problem, at first it's in the right folder but after a little time it will just change to unknown, but I don't use playlists that much so it's not a big issue for me. I think it just a bug in the firmware, so they will hopefully fix it soon. come on Archos, when is the next real update?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Here's one I have been encountering occasionally.

I encode a movie clip that is 1 hour 1 minute long (1h01'06), then load on my Archos.

On the video menu it correctly shows the clip as being 1 hour 1 minute long (1h01'06).

When I start to play it, the status bar at the bottom correctly shows it as 1 hour 1 minute long ((1:01:06).

But then as I play it, the last 8-10 minutes are cut off. It just stops early. They are also cut off when you fast forward it to the end of the clip. Even though the status bar is correct at the beginning of the clip, it reaches zero in the wrong place at the end and clip stops early.

It consistently stops in the same place, even when I have deleted the file on my Archos and recopied it over from my computer.

But on my PC it plays to the real end with no trouble at all.

Not all my movie clips have this problem; I can't figure out why some do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:54 am 

toujoursdan wrote:
Here's one I have been encountering occasionally.

I encode a movie clip that is 1 hour 1 minute long (1h01'06), then load on my Archos.

On the video menu it correctly shows the clip as being 1 hour 1 minute long (1h01'06).

When I start to play it, the status bar at the bottom correctly shows it as 1 hour 1 minute long ((1:01:06).

But then as I play it, the last 8-10 minutes are cut off. It just stops early. They are also cut off when you fast forward it to the end of the clip. Even though the status bar is correct at the beginning of the clip, it reaches zero in the wrong place at the end and clip stops early.

It consistently stops in the same place, even when I have deleted the file on my Archos and recopied it over from my computer.

But on my PC it plays to the real end with no trouble at all.

Not all my movie clips have this problem; I can't figure out why some do.

not a bug but broken frames or headers on the file, read this and it will sort it for you

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=3828

roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks. I really appreciate the effort. Unfortunately I keep getting "Not Responding" errors with PocketDivx Encoder on both my desktop and laptop.

But maybe I can try it with another, less buggy, encoder.

EDIT: According to their changelog, the "stable" version - 0.3.60 - doesn't work with Vista. When I downloaded the "test" version - 0.3.96 - it worked.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next