Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:20 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

hi to all ,i made a video of the 605 using orb to watch directv, i did this at work to test the quality of the video , is cool!! watch here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJETIod30M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:40 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I didn't know you can use Orb to watch your normal live tv... i assumed it was for live tv from a pc using a tv tuner card!

Great vid, thanks!

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This looks really cool. Yeah how does this work? Does the DirecTV set-top-box have an Internet connection to broadcast the channels over the Internet through Orb on your computer to provide this feature that is just like Slingbox? Or do you capture DirecTV through a DVB TV tuner card through Orb on your computer?

Thanks for posting this video, I posted it at http://archosfans.com/2007/10/16/using-orb-for-live-tv/

Post subject: directv
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:08 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Charbax wrote:
This looks really cool. Yeah how does this work? Does the DirecTV set-top-box have an Internet connection to broadcast the channels over the Internet through Orb on your computer to provide this feature that is just like Slingbox? Or do you capture DirecTV through a DVB TV tuner card through Orb on your computer?

Thanks for posting this video, I posted it at http://archosfans.com/2007/10/16/using-orb-for-live-tv/

hi charbax, my computer has a tv tuner with s-video i hook up to the directv s-video output it works thru windows media center the cool thing is you can make the the 605 record the tv programs to the computer hard drive and them you can watch the program in your archos anywhere later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So that means it's not live, it's recorded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

it'll only be a few seconds behind the live broadcast so i'd still say its live. I have a dvb-s tv card, which i could probably transcode the live stream into mms and stream to my 605..........................too lazy though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah,this looks really cool..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

So how does it work do you need a special orb tv box? Or do you just need to install it on the computer? Or is it just a url on the internet? Please help me out because could solve many tv problems for me. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:40 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

DRINU wrote:
So how does it work do you need a special orb tv box? Or do you just need to install it on the computer? Or is it just a url on the internet? Please help me out because could solve many tv problems for me. Thanks.

I rarely have luck w/ ORB, but many seem to make it work!

Oh, ORB is totally free. It's part software and part web site. No hardware. www.orb.com.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, My question is this:

I would like to be able to watch Directv on my Archos, as diligent as I feel I've been I can not find a resolution as how to accomplish this. Does anyone else have any ideas?

My specific quandary is this - Orb is for windows users only (I use Mac), Slingbox doesn't work with Archos (OS issue), Archos let it's users down by getting our hopes hope with TVportation that will never become available.

This video is the most promising thing I've seen so far, but No specific information was included. What equipment (hardware) is being used to send directv to the archos & what is the process being used?

With all the technology available there should be a way to accomplish this (or so I'd like to believe). Thanks in advance for any assistance...