Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Will either of these work with the 605

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not sure about "Orb" but Tversity works fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:54 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I could never figure out how to get tversity to work... not just on the archos... i cannot connect from any remote pc. It seems to be a port issue but im too dumb to figure out how to fix it. I did get orb to work once but it nevef worked again.

john

Last edited by johnb41 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: orb yes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:55 am 
Archos User
Archos User

yes orb works great you can do alot with orb,listen to radio sttions and what i like the best is you can stream from your satellite box to your archos you can watch all the channels you have on your directv anywhere u have wifi, is really cool!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:27 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I've been dying to get confirmation on this too if it works with the 605.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

marco what settings are you using for video playback on orb? all i get is "file is corupt" message when i try video playback.

Tversity works great on my home network but i did not know you could stream over the internet with it.

Post subject: firewall
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:21 am 
Archos User
Archos User

you have to open the ports on your router port 81, make sure you have firewall to allow orb to pass thru, in orb you have to change the skin to mobile, stream to flv in settings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yep done all that thnks. I can view the video files on my computer and have managed to get one to stream this morning but when i tried again i got the"File Corupt" error when it does this it does display a the first frame of the the video but thats it. Think it might be related to my speed settings gona try that.

Post subject: Re: firewall
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

marcopolo wrote:
you have to open the ports on your router port 81, make sure you have firewall to allow orb to pass thru, in orb you have to change the skin to mobile, stream to flv in settings

Port 81 is for ORB.

Port 41952 is for Tversity.

I personally have never been able to stream anything over the internet, but is fine on my local network at home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got orb working a bit wierd really, when i want to view a video after i select it i need to wait 10 seconds before i click ok to stream it. If i do this it streams fine, if i select ok straight away i get the "file corupt" message.

On the subject of Tversity how do you view your files remotely over the net I tried
http://"my ip address here":41952/lib
but got nothing can't even get it to work using my laptop. It works fine if i'm just using it on my network. The port is open correctly ???
How secure is Tversity over the net i know with orb you have you login to view the files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

harry1511 wrote:
Got orb working a bit wierd really, when i want to view a video after i select it i need to wait 10 seconds before i click ok to stream it. If i do this it streams fine, if i select ok straight away i get the "file corupt" message.

On the subject of Tversity how do you view your files remotely over the net I tried
but got nothing can't even get it to work using my laptop. It works fine if i'm just using it on my network. The port is open correctly ???
How secure is Tversity over the net i know with orb you have you login to view the files.

As I said before, apart from my mobile phone, I have never been able to get to my Tveristy server over the WWW.

There is currently no security with Tvserity, although is stated as coming soon !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:56 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

harry1511 wrote:

Thanks... it works for me now also. i just have to let it buffer a little before playing. but live tv doesnt work... no big deal.

john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

johnb41 wrote:
harry1511 wrote:

Thanks... it works for me now also. i just have to let it buffer a little before playing. but live tv doesnt work... no big deal.

john

On your 605 remotely ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

CBers wrote:
johnb41 wrote:
harry1511 wrote:

john

On your 605 remotely ??

Yes, and on the way to work i tested it at a public wifi hotspot. At the hotspot, i started out not working. Let me explain...

At the hotspot, i tried playing a video. The first frame of the video showed, and nothing else happened. Not even a popup message. Not even an error. I tried it on a few videos with the same result.

I then tried streaming "Internet Radio", and that worked. I then tried playing a video again. This time i get the pop up message. I waited about 20 seconds, clicked OK, and it played!

I don't know if playing Internet Radio helped, or if it was just a fluke. I had to leave for work so i couldn't test any longer. Hopefully i'll experiment more today on the way home.

John