Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi

I've been doing a lot of searching and trying (with discouraging and occasionally breaking outcomes) to get my 50e helium rooted, but nothing works. Not the usual root programs like frama or kingo (no exploits that work), not adb tricks (which don't always even seem to be correct at all, for example asking you to mount the internal fs over usb while in recovery, which provides no usb connection...), etc. A lot of archos discussion is also in french, which really does not help the information spread at all...

Thanks for any input on this...

PS: root is an indispensable fact of life with android phones, I don't understand why manufacturers make it so annoyingly difficult -_- Imagine having to go through all this to get admin rights on your windows or root on pc linux...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just confirming that after a lot of attempts with lots of tools, I've finally got it rooted:
  • root with kingroot apk from the kingroot website (yes, it looks like typical fake software and wants literally all permissions, but it works)
  • change to supersu using super-sume pro (it doesn't work manually or with the script that's often used for this)