Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

plz ??
can Archos 43 Internet Tablet conect with USB Internet Stick :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: ?????
i want a Affirmative answer :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

No, it can't. There is no driver for the devices in the kernel so it can't recognise or use them and you would also need a full size USB port which can supply enough power. The gen8 101 has full size USB port and can use the Archos 3G key, this ability was added in a firmware update. Typically 3G dongles draw more power than small devices can provide via USB, so even if a driver was added it still would not work in the gen8 70, 43, 35, 32 or 28.

The best alternative is a MiFi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok
can it conect to computer by usb to conect to internet from computer ?????????????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:59 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I don't think the hardware supports this with the A43. The 101 supports some USB ethernet adapters (smaller gen8 devices don't have enough power) and on angstrom or other unofficial firmware you could probably write your own /etc/network/interfaces files and set up ethernet over USB. I suggest you visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/archos- ... evelopment and read about the various alternative firmwares for the A43 and maybe you can ask people there if any of them allow ethernet over USB on the A43, but I doubt you'll get the answer you'd like. You definitely can't do this in Archos firmware for A43.

If you want to access wired networks you can get a small, cheap wireless "Nano Router" such as the TP-Link TL-WR702N. You would attach this to a wired router or ADSL or Cable modem and make the network available wirelessly so you can connect with your A43.