Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought a standard 80 G9 tablet last year which I accidentally dropped cracking the screen. It was cheaper to replace it with the Turbo model (16gig but with the older 1.2ghz CPUs) than repair it. I got it new on Amazon for $139 and it would have cost $250 to repair the old unit.

On vacation I noticed I could not get WiFi in any of the motel rooms... I'd have to go out to the parking lots to get any signal. Back home I compared the WiFi reception to my older model... and even 5' from the router... I can't get a full strength signal. The older model can pick up about 10 networks in my neighborhood... the new tablet just picks up mine.

The unit is fully updated and Archos has agreed to replace the unit... but just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem or if there is some fix?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:09 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

From what I've seen from other places on the Internet...

Archos tends to have a large amount of problems with very poor assembly. Photos of the internals I've seen show horribly bad solder connections. Others show antenna cables wrongly positioned so that they got so tightly crimped down that they shorted out within the cable.

Also, may report having to send back a device 2 or 3 times before they get a working one back.

In short, if you get ANYTHING from Archos that actually works at all you are very lucky.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

must indeed be a physical problem, because mine is working just brilliant, can notice any remarkable difference with my girlfriends Samsung....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I had a replacement from Archos just last month, brand new, and the WiFi was unusable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can it be repaired? maybe someone can recommend a place that can do the job.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Bought my g9 80, a few years ago. Never had an issue with wifi so can't really help except to say it must be an issue with either your particular tablet or router. My tablet has been brilliant and wifi available from downstairs and several walls away from the linksys e4200 router never fails. Getting the kids to stop hogging the bandwidth is another story.......

My particular example (16gb g9, 80) has been brilliant for the last 2.5 years.....

Andrew