Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Charger Question
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I left the charger that came with my 80 G9 in a hotel room and so needed a replacement. For the required specs, I noticed that the charger the Archos website lists as an accessory for this model charges at 5V 2A (2000 milliamps). I ordered one of those from Ebay (I've dealt with Archos before and didn't want to if I had another option). But using that charger gives me the "Slow Charge -- Use dedicated charger" warning, and the charge is indeed too slow, with the device going down in battery power about 1% every 10-15 minutes with the unit on and sitting idle. I've got Android 4.0.28. If anyone has suggestions to getting the device to charge with this charger, or advice on another charger to purchase, please let me know. -- Eric

Post subject: Re: Charger Question
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

the USB cable is specific too (u didn't say if you still had that). for what its worth, I use a blackberry phone charger when at work and don't get the slow charge message, but it still is slower than the standard charger.

like you, I've tried couple of chargers that seem to be same spec (and with original cable) but no joy......

Post subject: Re: Charger Question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have had the same sort of problems. The mains charger supplied with my tablet stopped working and i needed a replacement . Couldnt get anywhere with Archos so after an extensive search to find a charger of the right ampage got one quite cheaply (Amazon). When using the replacement the tablet charged OK but did givve the 'slow charge, use dedicated charger' warning. All fine until recently when the tablet became totaly discharged after being connected to the mains charger and hadnt been used for a while. After a lot of time and patience it still would not charge. I decided to connect it to my PC using the supplied lead and the tablet started charging, albeit slowly as expected. Conclusion: replacement charger now kaput

After this expereince i am definetly NOT going to replace with a cheap substitute, and plan to get a proper replacement Archos charger, even if they do cost £14.99!!

To Original Poster: You said you have had trouble with buying direct from Archos in the past, could you elaborate please?