Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've looked through these forums and some a lot of activity on getting debian on an archos 48 / 5 internet tablet at one point there were images availible but all links pointed to megaupload which is death now so i can't download them. I was wondering if someone with an archos 48 / 5 internet tablet still have a debian image they would like to share with me ? i know they were named gold.img and / or silver.img but all sites / links seem to be death and can't find any other source on the net.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i made my own debian.img and it boots and i have installed xfce4 xwindows etc all runs but i'm having problems getting sound to work. I'm using the multiboot kernel from openaos and i followed the thread that talked about the debian.img images i was refering to. But i'm having troubles getting alsa sound to work.

I'm not quite sure what is ment with this viewtopic.php?f=34&t=54484&start=20#p357334

do i have to copy the modules from android /lib/modules to /lib/modules/kernel ... of my debian image ? i tried that already and ran the insmod commands but modprobing snd-soc-archos gives me a segfault. I also tried at first without copying those files from the android installation and just running the insmod commands and then modprobing snd-soc-archos but i had gotten a segfault then as well =:/

anyone that can help me with this ? or tell me what is ment there in that topic ...

Quote:
Archos Device SoC init
Archos ASoC: master clk is: 12000000
WM8985 Audio Codec 0.3
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000004c
pgd = c5b40000
[0000004c] *pgd=8c7fc031, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1]
Modules linked in: snd_soc_archos(+) snd_soc_omap snd_soc_omap_mcbsp snd_soc_wl1271 g_ether musb_hdrc fuse snd_soc_wm8985 snd_soc_core snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss

i can give more details if needed ...

hope one someone can help me getting sound to work