Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: app installation problem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Having a problem with app installation every time get message "installation unsuccessful not enough storage space",which is ridiculous as I have plenty of Space free on system and SD card,
Did system check/restore still no luck ...As a last resort moved some apps over to SD card , but problem persists.Cant update or install new apps- no space apparently.

any ideas how to solve?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:18 am 

This problem and the solution has been extensively discussed in the general gen 8 section. I have pinned the highlights as sticky topics at the top. Basically you have an extremely limited space reserved for apps called system memory. You have the option to push parts of most apps to internal memory (sometimes labeled as sdcard, but NOT on an actual card... the terminology can be maddingly changeable).

So look at those subsections of memory under settings. I find I need almost 60 free in system memory to allow the device to run efficiently without hangups. So ruthlessly move and prune apps (can just save the lesser used ones to a saved .apk file). Or else change the firmware to some other bag of worms. I suggest you only post in the general gen8 area because the activity is too low to get eyeballs in the detailed areas (which all share most features anyway).