Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I have the Arnova G2 but found the viewing angle while hand held to be very bad, I've been trying a few solutions to find a way round this. The links below are of a HD video trailer before and after I increased the brightness using VirtualDub and a few other programs to load the original mkv file. Virtualdub can use many filters and effects so if you already convert your video files to play on your Arnova this might help, I uploaded them to www.4shared.com as I think there is an app from appslib for 4shared, don't judge the result by the embedded flash, just download HD1 before and HD2 after, with increased brightness.

Let me know if it looks better.

http://www.4shared.com/video/cqeXZ_PV/A ... _HD_1.html

http://www.4shared.com/video/8-cvj-cv/A ... _HD_2.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey ricky20, I tried both of the videos on my Arnova 10 G2 and I prefer the first video over the second. I agree the viewing angles aren't great with this screen but increasing the brightness in the video washes out the colours too much. This is a dark film and you really need the blackness or you get a blueish hue over everything.

Nice choice of video, spoiler alert? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the reply, yea I did exaggerate the brightness, at the time I didn't have my G2 to test the sample videos but see what you mean, I don't get much time to visit the forum hence the delay in responding. Have you seen the topic about the program that can rotate video, I've been looking for a solution for this problem on the G2 and it's great someone has found it, strange that the G2 doesn't do it out of the box when most other archos tablets will.