Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jimanothirio wrote:
plz plz i have the same prob with "theuss" plzz someone help us!!!!!

Hello, im from Chile, and i have the problem in the step 9. I can solved in my windows 7, you need create a user in your windows, and this user yo need create a password ;).
Sorry for my english, im from sudamerica, any question PM.
Bye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Windows 7 is not so good with smb shares, you need to do some settings in security policy to get that working correctly. (google it and you find it.) Best way is to use an old windows xp machine wich doesn't have this problem.

Maurice 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jackpot2011 wrote:
Thanks, but I can not run opera after a reboot, because I did not buy this plugin...
What can I do in this case?
This step

I thought this was pretty well spelled out - press the Internet icon anyway. It will say something about taking you to the Archos store to purchase, and Voila!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I can't edit post #1 for some reason, but I just noticed (very belatedly!) someone worked out how to get the plugins unlock for 705 models too.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=39811

H264 plugin and radio player are most useful I think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wow. Amazing work sideways.
Pretty sure this works with 2.1.14, but I was hoping instead of just unlocking the plugins, it would let users upgrade their browser's Flash. (Damn you YouTube!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can someone more clever than I modify one of the sh files to remove the Opera url filtre (/usr/opera/opera_dir/urlfilter.ini)?

Perhaps too Opera can be started without the "kiosk mode" parametre.

Should the plugins unlocked include Web TV?

µêæµï£ÕÇÆÕ£¿ÞÁñÞ▓ºÕ▒êÞ¥▒ÒÇé

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

I'm have problem with my archos 605WiFi,
I do not installed GFT2 before that.
I do those instructions from start to point 10, but
I dont have opera plugin so I open "dohack.html" and click "buy" to go on the content portal, when ACP shows then displays message "Sorry, but this service is not available anymore", after fiew seconds (I thing there is hack.sh run) archos frozen, and nothing hapens, I waiting 5, 10, 30 minuts and It's still frozen, butons are disabled.

Please give me tips, becouse I'm on the finish and cant win this race.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I resolve my problem. Now everything work ok.
The hack.sh was not save with unix coding, After I edit hack.sh file then work corectly.

I add "1>/mnt/data/Data/stdout.txt 2>/mnt/data/Data/stderr.txt" to line 22 ("sh -x /mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/install"), becouse I want got those 2 files. After this change I can open stderr.txt from Data folder and see the process.

Your great guys with this hack. I was witing from year 2003 to this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I write instructions with photos for newbee users:
You can see them here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Everything from divx's instructions on page 2 worked for me, except for the last step. Dohack.html opens, but doesn't do anything. I have the latest firmware, with no other modifications. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Please do help. How to hack my Archos 605 :?
and also with the system.bin nowhere I can not find it :?
I will be very grateful please
thank you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Could people check and update their file links please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've been at this all bloody day. Post 1 isn't complete. That 10-step post on Page 2 is better, except that the link to system.bin is dead. I found the GF2 hack page showing how to roll your own, but that didn't get me anywhere because in the end... nothing happens. The browser opens and tells me I should see activity blinking and a restart, but no... nothing.

If someone could take it upon themselves to write a howto WITH WORKING FILE LINKS I'd be very grateful.

Although, before you go through that effort... what exactly is this all for?

This has been easily the most frustrating and poorly supported device I've ever seen. Yes, I get that its a few years old. But these "plugins", which you can't even buy anymore... what are they for?

So far this ridiculous POS can play a few music files and I can surf the web with agonizingly slow speeds.

I really can't believe I wasted a whole day trying to get somewhere with this stupid thing. I bought it off eBay specifically for the purpose of using it as a cheap simple DVR, but since the guide isn't supported, its useless for that. So then I figure I can use it for a media player but it won't play anything without a plugin I can no longer buy. So then I saw this "hacked" thread... but I'm getting nowhere fast.

- Frustrated

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Finally managed to get this hack to work.

Key notes:

* You need to be on 2.1.04. I was on 1.8.07, and that just generated core dumps when you tried to reload avos.

* I added guest_ok=yes to the samba share options (and then logged in with username media, and password as set in the sharing options). I'm not sure how logging in was supposed to work using a non-existant user map (perhaps others had some other hack installed first? - The share also appears as "H", not "Hack"). Might not need to add the guest_ok bit, but it won't hurt.

* The workgroup config stuff in System.bin is only in the specified location if you happen to be on 2.1.04, it's in a different place for 1.8.07. (But as you need to be on 2.1.04 anyway, it's not too important).

* If you're calling restartavos.sh from an ssh terminal, you need to include a trailing & to background the process (or it dies when it kills the ssh daemon).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I tried to perform it on TV+. Doesn't work. The first time I tried to perform this hack using opera, I looked at unlocked plugins. The hack didn't unlock any plugin. It made hang on the player after I entered in videos. I also tried to perform it on 504. But the player doesn't show its files after I connect the ext3 USB stick, like 504 has another root directory.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok so I know this is a old thread but I have a archos 605 wifi model 80gb hard drive version. I have been trying to get all the bells and whistles to work. I did everything on page 2 for the windows pc people to do except that the system.bin link is broken and can't dl that. I do not seem to be able to get any of the plugins to function. any help at all would be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yeah, woulda been fantastic back when I asked the exact same question. Don't hold your breath :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Did not hold breath I contacted archos support and they sent me all 3 plugins. I stated that I was unable to find the plugins on there website or at there store location and the sent my 3 e-mails with a pugin download link in each one for web browser one for cinema and one for the pod cast thing. :p

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I must admit, I didn't think of that approach :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spunkgamer wrote:
Did not hold breath I contacted archos support and they sent me all 3 plugins. I stated that I was unable to find the plugins on there website or at there store location and the sent my 3 e-mails with a pugin download link in each one for web browser one for cinema and one for the pod cast thing. :p

You got them for free? How can I get video podcast plugin? I asked Archos for this plugin and they replied me:
We are truly sorry but these plug-ins have been disabled due to many complaints from our customers. Indeed they were obsolete with the current standards.
Unfortunately we do not have a solution to offer.

Help me please to find it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next