I have used resources from this forum and other websites etc. so do not say that I am stealing but this is a little tutorial for how to get a tv episode from the internet in .flv format to an archos-friendly format.
1. go on http://www.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html
(or your favourite video site)
2. Find a video eg. Borat's Guide to Buying a House http://www.alluc.org/alluc/showmovie.php?uid=10460
3. Continue to content and then if it is a youtube video taking up the whole screen, click the video to go the actual youtube page otherwise it will not work
4. Copy the url and paste into the Download text box on http://www.keepvid.com
5. Click "Download Link" and download the .flv
6. Once downloaded, download and install http://www.download.com/CinemaForge/3000-2169_4-10496506.html
(There is a video tutorial for how to find it here:
but it is pretty straight forward)
7. Open up CinemaForge, find the .flv and then choose the output filename and destination, along with the format (The button named Doc Type next to the Output directory button)
8. Wait for it to encode in .avi (or you preffered format) and then...
9. Change the Video Options to the preffered resolution and quality
10. Enjoy :D