Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Using the codes supplied by Archos, the DVR station will not control my DirecTV receivers (models R10 and R15). I even tried using using codes for Hughes receivers as they manufactured the receivers for DirecTV. NO LUCK!

Anyone else had success or suggestions.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jss92 wrote:
Using the codes supplied by Archos, the DVR station will not control my DirecTV receivers (models R10 and R15). I even tried using using codes for Hughes receivers as they manufactured the receivers for DirecTV. NO LUCK!

Thanks!

Check to see if your DirecTV receiver has the autotune feature. When you have the channel guide open, navigate to a program in the future, and click on it. It should ask you if you want to autotune to that channel at the chosen time. You still have to set the scheduled recording on your Archos though. This isn't the most convenient solution, but it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:51 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Mine didn't work either, see my post and comments at: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
Jan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jss92 wrote:

Thanks!

Update: Using the Satellite Reciever "Hughes" and Receiver code S596 provided by Archos, I'm now able to use the DVR Station to tune scheduled programs. The DVR will not, however, turn the receiver on or off. To me that's not a big issue as I can just leave it on. Note: I have the DirecTV branded R10 with Tivo (not DirecTV's version of the DVR).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm 
I'm glad I've found others experiencing the same problem. I have an R15, R20 and D11 and NONE of the settings (DirecTV, Hughes, Panasonic, etc.) work for ANY of the devices. I can control a VCR and even and old Dish receiver but not any of the DirecTV devices.

Contacts with Archos support have been less than fruitful with comments like "Contact DirecTV and ask them what their codes are". Well, knowing full well what kind of a response I would get from DirecTV I actually called and asked. They basically said "Umm, I have no idea what you're talking about.". DirecTV was even surprised that Archos did not provide some kind of IR search capability.

Subsequent emails to Archos with updated information are no longer being responded to. One of the reasons for buying the product was to be able to record shows automatically. Oh well - maybe yet another future release will fix the bug.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would have thought DirecTV was big enough to be included in the listing. I too cannot get my DVR station to respond to any of the settings. It would be nice to be able to schedule recording without having to change and record manually and be there to stop the recording!

Many things need fixing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a DirectTV D11 satellite box and it works.
I can change channels and turn the the Direct TV box off.
I have the latest firmware downloaded and installed on my Archos 5IT.
From the home screen I went to:
"Video" -> "TV Scheduler" -> then I hit the little menu button on the top right of the screen and selected
"Settings" -> "TV Control" -> "Set Infrared Emitter"
I selected the following values:
"TV Receiver" - <Satellite Receiver>
"Receiver Brand" - <DirectTV>
"Codes" - <S660(1/2)>
When I test the power off code and I aim the front right of my Archos docking station towards the infrared receiver on the front of my Direct TV Satellite Box it turns it off.

A tip for trouble shooting is to take your phone or any digital camera with an LCD display and make the Archos DVR station "Test Power Off Code" and on you can see the little LED on the front right of the DVR station go on and off so you know it is transmitting codes what codes you obviously don't know and neither do I.
If you scroll down on your Archos you can also do a channel test.

Seemed to me there were two LED's on mine Archos dock btw looks like they have a LED pointing to the right and too the left. to have a wider range but the LED's do have to aim towards the Direct TV sat box.

If you have a phone or (web)camera of any sorts that's not a bad way to test any remote for instance to see if the battery is empty or remote is broken. Off course it might not work on all cameras and I know some remotes are bluetooth only so you won't be able to test those this way

A little disclaimer just because it worked for me doesn't mean it would works for you.
I see it quite often that people direct their anger at people that tell them it works I can shoot a youtube video to prove it works or to take you through the steps I just outlined.
I'm just trying to help if it doesn't help maybe something else helps I don't know. I'm not getting paid for this and I'm unlikely to respond to people that rant on posts.

WeWeWi is my hero in that respect if you want things to work out of the box you are really better of buying an Apple.
That isn't meant sarcastic but honest advise I have a tremendous amount of time invested to get things to simply work that should have worked out of the box but didn't I had two Apples devices and they didn't do what I wanted them to do but my experiences differ from those of other people.
I added a $5 or $6 GPS app on my Android 5IT device so it's a cheap GPS( I did send me the wrong way once too! but so did my Tom Tom on a number of other occasions). I use it as a speedometer so I can watch movies on it that I can insert on a micro SD card and I have a component DVR recorder for about $200 total cost.

Have a good one
Tonde