Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Guess What
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have the day off work so thought I would watch a dvd & at the same time record it via the docking station BIG MISTAKE as the Archos let me down at 1hour 6 mins what a sexy looking waste of space these archos units are.
Lalex has hit the nail on the head in another thread GIVE US SOMETHING THAT WORKS ARCHOS instead of releasing units every couple of months that dont ----ing work

Last edited by Bainsyboy on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:19 pm 
Man... sorry to hear that, but that is exactly the same problems I have been having. Can someone explaing to me, why Archos feels they have no obligation to fix this? Expecially when they told some of us not to return the item, because a fix was indeed being worked on? Not only did you not fix it, but you lied to us about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i think they will release a firmware update that will fix this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 pm 
amyjones09 wrote:

Please tell me that you are not this ignorant. We have been waiting for so called firmware, for a year now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:50 am 

amyjones09 wrote:

Sorry guys

LMFAO!!!!!!!

we all know that this player is long past its sell by date as far as archos are concerned, i would advise anyone to avoid the 704 like the plague!!!
sorry again i couldnt help that.
roy :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:48 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm sorry to hear about all this from 704 owners... I've been absolutely loving mine. Haven't gotten the DVR station yet though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 am 
VipFREAK wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about all this from 704 owners... I've been absolutely loving mine. Haven't gotten the DVR station yet though.

And that is where things will turn sour. Don't even bother with it, unless you don't really expect anything reliable from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:52 am 
Archos User
Archos User

If it the DVR part work.. eh.. great, but I never expect a unit like this to be able to do a TIVO like function. Just like I don't really expect a PC tv tuner card to do that well. I am however, hoping the DVR will be able to do a mini tv like my portable dvd player where I can use it to play my 360 off of at work. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:55 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

roylovelock wrote:
amyjones09 wrote:

Sorry guys

LMFAO!!!!!!!

we all know that this player is long past its sell by date as far as archos are concerned, i would advise anyone to avoid the 704 like the plague!!!
sorry again i couldnt help that.
roy :evil:

Im not having a go at you Roy but Archos have s--t on me and a lot of Archos owners 605 etc for far too long so the next time i want a pvp or whatever there called Archos can go f--k them selves im disgusted with there customer support and im disgusted with the 704 wi-fi so boll--s to them i'll take a gamble with my £400 on something else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I must admit, I have a DVR station and it does work OK.

The 704 itself works OK as well.

The only issue I have at the moment is the disk space not showing correctly, but I'll have a go at correcting that when I have time.

I have had problems in the past, but people on these forums have helped out a lot.

Archos are useless though when it comes to Customer Support, and the supporting of older units.

I don't think we're going to get anywhere with Archos using these forums, as I don't believe they read them, and why should they, they're not OFFICIAL forums.

It's a shame really, cos more and more gadget and techie shows on TV are using the 605 to demonstrate products, and so people will think they're OK to buy, but we all know that's not correct.

Not sure what we can do to get Archos to listen, as it seems even Charbax doesn't have their ear enymore.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

VipFREAK wrote:
If it the DVR part work.. eh.. great, but I never expect a unit like this to be able to do a TIVO like function. Just like I don't really expect a PC tv tuner card to do that well. I am however, hoping the DVR will be able to do a mini tv like my portable dvd player where I can use it to play my 360 off of at work. xD

can you tell us then what Archos advertise there units to be able to do ? as mine was advertised as being able to record direct from the telly, freeview box, dvd, sat box via the docking station BUT it struggles to do that no matter what settings I use ( bitrates ) so in my eyes it makes the unit unfit for purpose and all these glossy mags saying that archos is the best in the field doesnt ring true when you look at the problems not only in the 704 section but elsewhere on this site, There will only be one loser in this case because Archos are getting greedy by releasing unit after unit that are buggy and that will be Archos and even the most loyal fan of Archos ( of which I was one ) must be able to see that.
Personally I would be embarrassed to work for Archos at the moment and they must surely see that after getting phone call and emails every minute of the day that theres a problem with there units.
You cant polish a turd so Archos should stop banging out turds and get something onto the market that will knock the socks of everything that does exactly what it is advertised to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm 
Bainsyboy wrote:
VipFREAK wrote:

can you tell us then what Archos advertise there units to be able to do ? as mine was advertised as being able to record direct from the telly, freeview box, dvd, sat box via the docking station BUT it struggles to do that no matter what settings I use ( bitrates ) so in my eyes it makes the unit unfit for purpose and all these glossy mags saying that archos is the best in the field doesnt ring true when you look at the problems not only in the 704 section but elsewhere on this site, There will only be one loser in this case because Archos are getting greedy by releasing unit after unit that are buggy and that will be Archos and even the most loyal fan of Archos ( of which I was one ) must be able to see that.
Personally I would be embarrassed to work for Archos at the moment and they must surely see that after getting phone call and emails every minute of the day that theres a problem with there units.
You cant polish a turd so Archos should stop banging out turds and get something onto the market that will knock the socks of everything that does exactly what it is advertised to do.

Bravo, my man, bravo.