Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi I just bought an av500 off ebay which was listed as 'New'

Mainly all I want it for is the bullet cam which came with it. BUT I have a massive issue with it in that I have no other functions other than for the video. On my Home screen I have the menu items Video, Info, Videocorder, Setup. Nothing else! No means of playing music or accessing any of the other features that the av500 is supposed to have.

Right so I thought I'd change the firmware but the current version I have is apparently 2.0.6 cyl (WMDRMPD: 9.0) if I try update to the firware versions on Archos page all it tells me my the software is out of date for the hardware so it can't update.

Anyone know what /why this is??? I've found nothing on this firmware version, it seems as though it doesn't exist!!!

Also anyone know how to get rid of timestamp overlay on the video recorder??? I have no option to do so!

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Problem solved.
He's only gone and sold me the AV500 Cylon Security version which they sell for £1800 LOL!!

Anyone want one, it's going cheap!?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

mikesuttie wrote:
Hi I just bought an av500 off ebay which was listed as 'New'

Mainly all I want it for is the bullet cam which came with it. BUT I have a massive issue with it in that I have no other functions other than for the video. On my Home screen I have the menu items Video, Info, Videocorder, Setup. Nothing else! No means of playing music or accessing any of the other features that the av500 is supposed to have.

Right so I thought I'd change the firmware but the current version I have is apparently 2.0.6 cyl (WMDRMPD: 9.0) if I try update to the firware versions on Archos page all it tells me my the software is out of date for the hardware so it can't update.

Anyone know what /why this is??? I've found nothing on this firmware version, it seems as though it doesn't exist!!!

Also anyone know how to get rid of timestamp overlay on the video recorder??? I have no option to do so!

Thanks in advance

yes, you bought one of the Cylon units, now get a police uniform and you are all set for Halloween. :-) Sorry, no SW update to normal AV500 possible...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No problem I'll just sell it on as a Cylon unit and see how much I can get for it. Theoretically they should be more than the original unit itself seeing as Cylon were selling them to the 5-0 for £1800 back in 2007!

Any ideas on the value of this????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:09 pm 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

mikesuttie wrote:
No problem I'll just sell it on as a Cylon unit and see how much I can get for it. Theoretically they should be more than the original unit itself seeing as Cylon were selling them to the 5-0 for £1800 back in 2007!

Any ideas on the value of this????

whatever you get for it on ebay :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have tried to downgrade from 2.0.6 cyl to oficial 1.3.12 and 1.5.13 version and this 'special' 1.3.12 from this topic http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21473&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
but it doen't work. Any ideas how to upload 'standard' version?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry for Bringing up this old thread but did anybody find a work around that downgrades the cylon security 2.0.6 av500 firmware file to the standard archos av500 fw ?

I've been searching the net but there isn't much info on the cylon security fw ?

thanks in advance ;)