Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, so my friend gave me his Archos 7 Home Tablet Version 1 because it was running slow. So me being a tech guy i start looking into upgrading the firmware/operating system. So i found an image from http://bit.ly/il7m2F and put it onto the device. It installed fine with no problems. on boot up tho the result wasnt what i expected.

its a super stripped down version of android 2.2.1 and all the tools dont work. the only thing that works is the browser, but it wont play videos or save files, it ask for an SD, i put the SD card in and it cant find it. the usb drivers dont work no more they wont connect to my mac os x 10.6.7, or my windows 7 computer. the bluetooth dont work anymore neither. So i cant find a way to drop an image onto the Archos7 to reset it.

There is nothing in the settings of the android OS im running that allows me to reset the device. I looked on Archos website there is no hard/software reset on the device, the back only hardware resets it. So i am pretty much stuck i think with this. has anyone had this issue before. I know i am responsible for it because i installed it but any input would be great. thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:29 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Take a look at the table here.

I listed the available custom firmwares that are available on this forum.
You might install the original again as well as test the newest Froyo version from archospayo.

Just be aware that video is a bit tricky on all custom versions but the 1.5-based.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for your reply. Finding firmware isnt the problem, I cant figure out a way to get the firmware on the tablet. it wont mount on PC or OS X, SD dont work, Cant download from it because it says it needs an SD, i cant figure out any other way to get the firmware on it. Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello. Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue, trying to uninstall 2.2.1.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sounds like you might have bricked it. I installed the same image and I'm able to access it. I had to reformat the internal storage, but it works. (Windows prompted that J drive needed to be formatted)

Anyway,

See if this helps:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927368