Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a 101it, and a 9." china tablet. I still use my 101 but it does lag but it has great battery life and after using the generic ICS 4.0.3 on my china tablet the 101's OS is pretty decent. I like the video player app and the file manager app since it instantly found all my LAN computers. I had to install smb modules with all the file managers I tried. If ICS is geared more towards tablets you'd think that would be a built-in. Anyway, I think the Archos developers could have done more but as usual they switched to the new generation before this one got on it's feet. Even still I think it's the RAM that slipped the 101 a bit below the bar for me. LOVE the ports though; thin is nice but that stupid usb otg sucks

So, new china tablet = OK but not great. BUT I like the 4:3 9.7" size. Any news about Archos making a tablet this size? Actually, I'd prefer a bit bigger - like take the 101 and widen it by an inch or more. Seriously, just want to know

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:48 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Archos is working on ~9.7"(at least, it looks like it) within the elements range:

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/ ... -revealed/

I mean this picture in particular:

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/wp-conten ... -large.jpg