Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is something that might not be genuine, the first one or something like this. But because I didn't found anything on this topic I decided to try it out myself.
I needed - for various purposes, to have a female2female usb cable to be able to attach various devices: usb mouse, keyboard, hdd. So I made it up myself.
You need 2 usb cable extender (fr: prolounguer, it: prolunga, RO: prelungitor) that have the female connector. Cut it both of them at the desired lenght, peel of the plastic mantle,peel of the plastic of conductors and join this two cables color to color: red to red, green to green, black to black, white to white and ground to ground (with ground to ground I mean connecting those metal sleeves that gather up the conductors inside). Use some tape to isolate all good.
From the tablet you must have active the USB Host mode option (Settings - USB Mode select). Now you can hook up external HDD, flash memory, mice, keyboards and anything else that has the male USB connector. After your done using it remember always to unmount the USB device (for mice and keyboards, maybe webcams also, it might not be necessary to do this). Use this new cable with the original USB cable that came with you tablet, hooked up to the tablet.
Also you must remember to deactivate the USB host mode in order to make it visible to the computer when you want to hook up the tablet to a PC, otherwise your tablet won't be visible to your pc, and on your tablet your PC won't be visible either.
Hope that this helps someone.
Have a Happy new year everyone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OR!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-USB-Adap ... B0012XXX2Q
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

akcron wrote:

yeah thanks... I know that there are already made...but in order to buy a piece of 2 euros and pay delivery another 2 , I prefer do it myself. Do you use one of these adapters? What devices can you connect?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bougth a similar piece (1.2Ôé¼ in a chineese shop in my city) and it works as expected.
One of my 3 USB memorys works (Emtec 4GB).
USB keyboard works.
Anyway very good idea to use the privided usb cable, as I was having difficulties to find "something" with a microusb in my city to made it myself and the adaptor (home made or commertial piece) was easier to find. =D>