It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Archos PMA400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Greetings from India!
Dear All,

Its been ages I lost my Archos PMA400 close to 2 and half yr, some how found it in the bag I keep all the wires in. Anyways before I lost my PMA, it had a trouble, sometimes it displayed the screen, sometimes goes blank. This happened after I left PMA on "Standby" for almost 10-15days. Battery was swollen, when I connect the charger, it shows it is charging. however display goes blank and comes back up.
So, after I found PMA after 2 and half yr, I tried switching it ON, it shows the green light and screen is blank, charged it for 2hrs and tried switching it "ON" it doesn't work, no noise or anything. I unscrewed the entire gadget (saw the repair manual to replace screen and I also fix my own computer hardware, laptop hardware, my DVD player, my television, etc.), removed 30GB HDD, and took back up of all data, formatted it and replaced with booting files, fixed everything the way it was, turned it ON, :-( nothing on screen.

I unscrewed it to find any stains of battery leak on the board, nothing found and no smell of any burns or anything.

I think, as the battery is swollen, it has gone bad? Or is it screen? Can anyone suggest or advise me any fix?

Thanks for your time and Thanks in advance for your help!
Best Regards
-Fareed

Post subject: Re: Archos PMA400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No one to suggest me?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

mohd_fareedullah wrote:
Greetings from India!
Dear All,

Its been ages I lost my Archos PMA400 close to 2 and half yr, some how found it in the bag I keep all the wires in. Anyways before I lost my PMA, it had a trouble, sometimes it displayed the screen, sometimes goes blank. This happened after I left PMA on "Standby" for almost 10-15days. Battery was swollen, when I connect the charger, it shows it is charging. however display goes blank and comes back up.
So, after I found PMA after 2 and half yr, I tried switching it ON, it shows the green light and screen is blank, charged it for 2hrs and tried switching it "ON" it doesn't work, no noise or anything. I unscrewed the entire gadget (saw the repair manual to replace screen and I also fix my own computer hardware, laptop hardware, my DVD player, my television, etc.), removed 30GB HDD, and took back up of all data, formatted it and replaced with booting files, fixed everything the way it was, turned it ON, :-( nothing on screen.

I unscrewed it to find any stains of battery leak on the board, nothing found and no smell of any burns or anything.

I think, as the battery is swollen, it has gone bad? Or is it screen? Can anyone suggest or advise me any fix?

Best Regards
-Fareed

if the battery is "swollen", it has gone bad. You might find a replacement battery somewhere with some luck...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for your reply NZ, I've already ordered the battery. It should reach me by 24th Dec'11, Will post then....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear NZ,

I replaced the battery, NO luck :( . I opened it all to check if I missed to attach/plug anything inside. Everything is plugged in fine. I can see the 'ON' lid up when I power it 'ON', no display, and I also notice that I use to hear HDD reading sound or a 'click' sound, I do not hear it. Could you please suggest me anything on this, Thanks for all your help and support.

Best regards
-Fareed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nz wrote:
mohd_fareedullah wrote:
Greetings from India!
Dear All,

Best Regards
-Fareed

if the battery is "swollen", it has gone bad. You might find a replacement battery somewhere with some luck...

Dear NZ,

I replaced the battery, NO luck . I opened it all to check if I missed to attach/plug anything inside. Everything is plugged in fine. I can see the 'ON' lid up when I power it 'ON', no display, and I also notice that I use to hear HDD reading sound or a 'click' sound, I do not hear it. Could you please suggest me anything on this, Thanks for all your help and support.

Best regards
-Fareed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello From India Again!!

Dear All,

Could anyone please help me find an Archos PMA400, I would like to repair/replace parts of my PMA400 and bring it to life. Could anyone help me find a deal.

Thanks & Regards
-Fareed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have a working PMA. How much would you pay for it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

alankayser wrote:
I have a working PMA. How much would you pay for it?

Is it still available?