Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Arnova 7C G2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

What's the CPU on this 800MHz? RAM 256know?

I love the look of it but water to know how smooth it is before I go out and buy it, any reviews please?

Regards

Post subject: Re: Arnova 7C G2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I've read somewhere that it has 350mb of RAM? Can anyone confirm this please.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the standard G2, it's great apart from one major problem, the screens viewing angle is bad, try it before you buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ive been playing with my 7cg2 for a day now after having an 8g2 for a month.
I bought it for the GPS, Blootooth and 3g features.

The build quality of the 7c is much better, speakers seem clear, it just feels better all round.

The memory and cpu speed are nowhere near the speed of the 8g2, but everything works out of the box, except "flash"
I could watch films with no problems from SD on the 8g2 but there lots of tearing and pixelation on the 7c.
The size difference of the two device appears to be massive when holding them.
Im still unsure about the 7cg2, the price for them was roughly the same (£150), it Boots very quickly, and with cfw it has 196mb available internal storage space from booting.
Im a little dissapointed with it coming from the 8g2, I knew it wasnt going to be as powerful as the other g2's but everthything works out of the box and I want to use the devices on the road so mustn`t brumble too much, itll grow on me.

ps.
I am trying a CFW (Nano Rev12 - http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/arn ... 012-01-26/) at the moment, Market starts and I can browse apps but each time I "Accept and Download" market stops unexpectedly blah blah blah so you have to force close the market, I havent tested GPS, it all looks and feels lovely tho, this CFW makes it fell much snappier.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I got a couple of these, primarily purchased for 3g capability. However the CFW from arctablet is very interesting but I am afraid of wrecking tablet. Any further reviews of CFW and does anyone hold out any hope for an official update. I am a hopeless Archos buyer, "for she is like the French whore who promises much, looks lovely," but then you realise you have been hoodwinked, no skype video, no flash, few video, audio codecs and no google play. May be should have gone Chinese. Am a 605 and 405 addict......How long will they support Appslib? :doubt:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Arnova has around 350mb ram
240mb space for apps
Flash works on arnova( flash player 10 tested by me with bbc iplayer and other apps)
Curently we are working to port the tablet to cm7 (we flashed a version, but camera, wifi, telephone, gps, are not working, only sound works :) )
You can watch movies on arnova to, as long as you convert in a proper format (mp4 with divx video codec, amd a maximum bitrate of 1700)
there is a new version of cwf also daniel rom`s is there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

giaspa251 wrote:
Hi, I got a couple of these, primarily purchased for 3g capability. However the CFW from arctablet is very interesting but I am afraid of wrecking tablet. Any further reviews of CFW and does anyone hold out any hope for an official update. I am a hopeless Archos buyer, "for she is like the French whore who promises much, looks lovely," but then you realise you have been hoodwinked, no skype video, no flash, few video, audio codecs and no google play. May be should have gone Chinese. Am a 605 and 405 addict......How long will they support Appslib? :doubt:

I can help you with flashing if you decide do go with that, you can find me on
http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/arnova-7c-g2/