Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok another thing that i cant find in this rom 22.22 Where is the screen calibration tool??? I need to calibrate the screen but i cant find it in Settings.

PLS Help it is frustrating to touch the right letter and the wrong letter is showing on the screen.

I also have some weird crashes when i use FBreader to read books. I downloaded it from market.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi! For an intensive use, what is the most stable firmware? The original 2.1 o the custom 2.2? In case of 2.2, the latest version or some older version? (what version do you recon is the most stable, then?)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Welcome to you. Sorry but I do not know English. Problem: 22:22 Once installed, the board of the Irish problem sd card, and Windows does not see the card. So I can not reinstall. Help Zsolt. Thank you. Email: holacsek@freemail.hu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

Can someone help ?

I use the 22.22 Firmware amd installed the App 2 SD Application.

The problem is that I can not move any application to the SD Card (16 GB, allmost empty)

Thank you in advance .

Kotzo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

please help me...i put 22.22 and now i cant see my archos in my comuter-the usb connectes and it says on device turn on usb storge i press it and nothing happend...it cant recognize my sd card also-please help me.....i want to go back to android 2.1 and i upload the megaupload and when trying to download it says need sd card to copy the img file.now the device is usless please help me i just want to go back to android 2,1 eclair.thank u

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Zubcho wrote:
Ok another thing that i cant find in this rom 22.22 Where is the screen calibration tool??? I need to calibrate the screen but i cant find it in Settings.

PLS Help it is frustrating to touch the right letter and the wrong letter is showing on the screen.

I also have some weird crashes when i use FBreader to read books. I downloaded it from market.

AFAIK... there's no such tool in froyo, then you've to get your own by yourself googling.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

PLEASE HELP!!my tabalt is 4 days old! after the problem i had with the pc wont reqognize the archos-- now the archos 7 doesnt boot!!!!!!!nothing!!!! black screen like its turnd off! please what can i do?is the archos dead??? i pluged the ac on and thres a red lite u charged it for 3 hours-and still nothing wont boot black screen-is it possible that after 4 days the device eill dead?all the problems begins after i updated to android 2,.2 22.22 pleaseeeeeee help me

ok now it worked - ipush the reset botton and its worked-now how can i go back to android 2.1?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bennnn wrote:
PLEASE HELP!!my tabalt is 4 days old! after the problem i had with the pc wont reqognize the archos-- now the archos 7 doesnt boot!!!!!!!nothing!!!! black screen like its turnd off! please what can i do?is the archos dead??? i pluged the ac on and thres a red lite u charged it for 3 hours-and still nothing wont boot black screen-is it possible that after 4 days the device eill dead?all the problems begins after i updated to android 2,.2 22.22 pleaseeeeeee help me

ok now it worked - ipush the reset botton and its worked-now how can i go back to android 2.1?

I find I have to reset it about once every couple of days. Not sure what causes this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi- i updated to android 2.2 22.22 and now the device isnt show on pc. iconnected the usb and the comuter didnt recognize the tabelt. when i put sd card also the tablet cant read it. i upload the img file to megaupload and when downloading it its says"u need sd card to save img file.please anyone have an idea how do i put the img file into my acros? i just want to go back to android 2.1 eclair.thank u

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was sent over here from XDA.
Any chance this ROM would work on a Nextbook Next6?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Update: Problem fixed itself, I got froyo working.

Oh noes! the 22.22 firmware won't install on my 7ht! I follow the instruction here to the letter: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archos-tablet/android-2-2-froyo-market-root-archos-7-ht-v2/ and everything goes normally (?) until the tablet restarts. Then, it says:

Code:
Android system recovery utility v1.3.28

Reboot system Now
Factory recover
Update from SDCARD
Update from uDisk

Recovery system v1.3.28

=== UPDATE ===
Finding and checking firmware...
E:Check failed.

or

Code:
E: Can't read (/flash/update/img)
(bad file number)

Of course there is no way to interact with this screen and I have to do a pinhole reset. I'm currently using Ubuntu 11.04 on my laptop. The tablet in plugged into the power connector the entire time. I put update.img on the sdcard, the easily user mounted part/8g, and it did not work. Restarted everything and booted everything up already connected and the Archos nor my laptop was able to mount the 8g sdcard (it says
Code:
 "SD card removed. Insert a new one"
which would be impossible seeing that everything is sealed up inside) so I put update.img on the root section of the archos and the same thing happened. Same result with 22.21. I'm going to try the process in Windows 7.

Is the firmware from multiupload/megaupload/superpopupdownload bad (is there anyway this ROM can be hosted on a real website)? Did I not follow simple instructions right? What's going on? Did P.C. Richards & Co sell me a bunx Archos?

Update: Windows 7 said the update.img file was corrupt and wouldn't even copy it to the Archos. I have gone to system settings to restore factory defaults and will try again with the fresh factory flavor.

Update: Still doesn't work. Although Windows was able to get the drivers initially, after I reset the devise it wasn't able to get the drivers. For some reason I can delete the update.img file from my laptop file manager and the Archos still thinks it's there. I was able to delete it using the file manager app on the Archos.

Update: Factory reset and attempted 22.22 and 22.21 update.img install with Ubuntu on the fresh clean tablet and it didn't work either. Making coffee and going to smoke a cigarette.

Update: Well, wonder of wonders, I re-tried the exact same thing that I did that didn't work, and for some reason I can't figure out, it did a thing and appears to have installed Froyo. I didn't do anything differently from the previous attempts, although I did redownload the update.img file a couple of times and maybe that was it. I calibrated the screen and it works now. Good job folks who made this ROM! The wireless seems to have improved.

TL;DR: If at first you don't succeed with community-based open source software, keep trying until it works.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You can reset your Archos 7 Home Table back to the original firmware when you put the downloaded update.img into to a formatterd Micro SD card and put that in you Tablet Micro Slot , the update will show up and you only have to tap once for agree .

I did it myself to because my Labtop saw two harddisks when i put in the Tablet USB into my Laptop and didnt work (even with a special computer working driver that comes with the ""original"" computer firmware uploader )

I downloaded here : http://www.arctablet.com/assets/tools/F ... 214043.zip ).

Here is Archos firmware page link . : http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/updates_fwm.html?country=nl&lang=en

Select if available : Home Tablet ECLAIR ( that firmware is only for the V2 device )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Try this article for USB connection issues.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/205977/a ... k_fix.html

I'm think I'm running 22.11. Has anyone found a picture viewer app in the marketplace that will read photos from internal memory? Or a good audio player that will work with 22.11. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Archos 7 Home Tablet Fans!
I use a Archos 7c Home Tablet. I already try the search, but i can't find the answer weather this ROM (7HTV2_22.22) is compatible with my device...
Thanks for short infos!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

marbel78 wrote:
Hi Archos 7 Home Tablet Fans!
I use a Archos 7c Home Tablet. I already try the search, but i can't find the answer weather this ROM (7HTV2_22.22) is compatible with my device...
Thanks for short infos!

No but if you go back a few pages there is a post by someone who said they had adapted the release for the 7c. You might try contacting the person. The 7c has a different screen and must have a different version always.

Dale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello, i am new here :D

I have a Archos 7 Home Tablet V2 (A70BHT) with
Kernel: 2.6.25 root@cong-desktop #872
Build-Nummer: V0.18.ECLAIR.eng-root.20101215.110855

This ist the last orginal update from ARCHOS.

Can I simply Costum Rom 7HTV2_22.22 update without changing anything?

Sorry for my bad english, better german. Give a german instruktion?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello ArchosFans, very nice forum.

Just I got a problem with my Archos 7 Home Tablet V2 (A70BHT).
After installing the current firmware rom 22.22 all is function propper.
Market, e-mail, connecting over USB cable to the PC (W764). Short wonderful.

But if I connect an USB stick (no matter which) on the micro usb port I always get the message --> "The USB device has been removed"
But physically it plugs in. I have read a lot of posts but see nobody with the same problem.
I also have reinstalled the new firmware. But doesn't fits.

Anybody an idea?? Is there an adjustment to solve this problem?

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mortal wrote:
Hello ArchosFans, very nice forum.

Just I got a problem with my Archos 7 Home Tablet V2 (A70BHT).
After installing the current firmware rom 22.22 all is function propper.
Market, e-mail, connecting over USB cable to the PC (W764). Short wonderful.

But if I connect an USB stick (no matter which) on the micro usb port I always get the message --> "The USB device has been removed"
But physically it plugs in. I have read a lot of posts but see nobody with the same problem.
I also have reinstalled the new firmware. But doesn't fits.

Anybody an idea?? Is there an adjustment to solve this problem?

Many thanks.

Try to set USB mode to host mode (Settings)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@hvdwolf - it was the first I tried but without function. I cannot realizes why it doesn't function.

Edit: I also had in suspicion the micro USB adapter, but if I connect a mouse for example it works.
And with the old Firmware Android 2.1 it even works.

If I have a look in the Explorer and click onto USB the message is "The USB device has been unmounted"

Edit 2: I just found this information in this thread, at fist time I overlooked.

birdiebnl wrote:

7htv2_22.21 17 june 2011

Patched the webkit, so the Android browser doesn't crash anymore on the Google Mobile page.
Also nice to know is that somehow USB Mass Storage is kind of working, see this youtube movie.
Market needs the "market fix", see below.
For fullscreen and adhoc use ROMSettings.

Is there any news that it will we works fine now or in future?

Edit 3: Just I found a little solution.
I have downloaded "ES Datei Explorer" and with it it is possible so use the USB device (stick).
The standard Explorer is not able to check the USB device.

Hope it helps for other peaple who have the same problem.

Last edited by mortal on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:02 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry not sure how to post to a specific issue. This question is for birdie, thanks for all your work. I upgraded to 22.11 and have been living with the instability, but I do have marketplace and most of the apps that I'm looking to download. The only problem is that most require some sort of work around to function properly. I bought this tablet for my wife so that she could read Kindle books, view photos, listen to music, access the net, ie, you tube face book,etc. From your experience am I better to try 22.22 or go back to 2.1 and try to download apps off the net individually. Thanks for your input.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next