Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Battery Add-On?
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

As the title suggests, I'm looking for a way to extend the battery life of my Archos 7 (320). I know a battery dock exists for the Archos 5 but is there something available for the Archos 7? I'm going traveling for the year and will be on long haul flights/bus journeys etc and don't want it to run out too quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Battery Add-On?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Short of a spare battery, you may look at external battery packs on amazon. Look in the Archos 70 forum above, since they have non-user replaceable batteries, alot of people are looking at these, so there are a couple threads on this issue there. I just bought this one since people said it works well. I haven't received it yet, I'll try it on my A7 when I get it to see if it works, though it may be a couple weeks...
http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP500- ... 998&sr=8-2

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Cheers for the info, I'll look into it. Let me know how you get on with the new battery when you get it. I'm actually having a bit of trouble with my 7 at the moment.....it won't turn on at all!!! At first, I thought the battery was just dead so I plugged in the usb cable (lost my wall charger a long time ago) and left it charging for over 8 hours. It still won't turn on!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You could get an extended battery from NewMP3Technologies:

http://www.newmp3technology.com/ar7mbfat.htm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I second the nomination of the double life battery from www.newmp3technology.com
I routinely get 8 days of service from my Archos 7 before the unit shuts down due to lack of voltage.
I strongly recomend that you do not recharge your battery while it is half way discharged.
The battery will develop a memory and will rapidly discharge to the halfway point and then run normally for extended periods.

The price is (US) $60.00 from www.newmp3technology.com

I also picked up the Archos 5 extended pattery plug on and while it does work on my Archos 7 it doesn't offer any significent run time since the 7 uses more current and dies in short order. I consider this $40.00 badly spent. Go with the Double Life battery instead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

shuffles wrote:
Cheers for the info, I'll look into it. Let me know how you get on with the new battery when you get it. I'm actually having a bit of trouble with my 7 at the moment.....it won't turn on at all!!! At first, I thought the battery was just dead so I plugged in the usb cable (lost my wall charger a long time ago) and left it charging for over 8 hours. It still won't turn on!!!!!

Also... you CANNOT charge the Archos 7 via USB... just an FYI ;-)

I'm actually looking for a new battery since I believe this one is slowly dying... but it has served me well these past few years playing more than 8 hours 5 days a week! Hopefully the hard drive will keep on living at least another year! ;-)