Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

piperkid wrote:
Can it be used for software install like the Archo's replicator? I thought there was something unique about the Archos one (externally powered or different connection to the 9)

I didn't use it for install, but it does come with it's own power supply so that it doesn't reply on the A9's.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Ken_BEA wrote:
Allen,
I agree completely it would make for a great page.

Ken.

Aloha Ken,

I've checked out the Wiki for A9 articles and only found the A9's Wiki Home page. I could add a Drivers article. Before I add an article I wonder:

Do the different Windows versions have different drivers?

Is there a drivers Guide for Linux? How about MacOS?

Any other considerations for a Wiki Drivers article(s)?

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How about using an auto-driver update notification software like Driver Detective? That software works great on my laptop. I'm going to try to use install in on my A9 after I install Win 7 Ultimate. Will post feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Should I download all those Drivers for my Archos? I just bought it and I think is about 400 days older (made last year or so)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
Ken_BEA wrote:
Allen,
I agree completely it would make for a great page.

Ken.

Aloha Ken,

I've checked out the Wiki for A9 articles and only found the A9's Wiki Home page. I could add a Drivers article. Before I add an article I wonder:

Do the different Windows versions have different drivers?

Is there a drivers Guide for Linux? How about MacOS?

Any other considerations for a Wiki Drivers article(s)?

Allen

for linux you need drivers for broadcom wifi to work, you should know how to enable onscreen keyboard and the most important things,activating the touchscreen and you need to know how to get the intel paulsbo drivers to work (there are some workarounds in the net, how to use the paulsbo drivers that come with ubuntu, or you need to update the repositories in order to get working drivers). there are some other drivers for the the gpu, but for me the paulsbo drivers work so i didnt try the other ones.

and yes, different windows versions use differen drivers, especially winxp and win7, as xp sets up on winnt and win7 doesnt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just reinstalled Win7, which IDE drivers should it be using? I cant remember what it was before I formatted, now its using just the Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller (MS driver dated 21.6.2006) and the drive reports on channel 0 on UDMA5.

The reason I ask is I'm having bad divx/xvid playback with standard res videos, that is they will sometimes pause playing or go really really slowly and then you can see the video try to catch up.

HD videos play fine though (mkv's) :?:

Can someone check for me what IDE controller is installed on their A9 ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

ffletchs wrote:
I just reinstalled Win7, which IDE drivers should it be using? I cant remember what it was before I formatted, now its using just the Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller (MS driver dated 21.6.2006) and the drive reports on channel 0 on UDMA5.

The reason I ask is I'm having bad divx/xvid playback with standard res videos, that is they will sometimes pause playing or go really really slowly and then you can see the video try to catch up.

HD videos play fine though (mkv's) :?:

Can someone check for me what IDE controller is installed on their A9 ?

??

sounds more like a problem with the codecs, as mkvs in most cases are way bigger then divx or xvid files, which normally leads to more reading operations of your hdd.

i reinstalled windows7 on my a9, did not install any custom ide drivers, but as i swapped out the hdd for a ssd, some time ago, i think i am no reference.

what player software are you using to play your xvid/divx files????

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yeah, I have an SSD too.

I'm using Windows media player and Windows media center

Can you please check for me in device manager what driver is setup for the IDE controller?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

sorry cant do so atm, as i am at work and dont have the a9 with me.

but as i didn't install custom ide drivers, i suppose it is the standard-win7-drivers.

i am usin vlc player to play divx and xvid movies.
have you tried that player once?

if you want to play those files in your media player, are you sure, you have the right codecs installed?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

There is a new touchscreen (HID Digitizer) driver from eGalaxTouch here: http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTou ... Driver.htm

This was released in March 2011 (v5.10.0.8706) as opposed to the January 2010 Beta driver on the Archos site.

EDIT: Driver installed and works great. You might need to install the actual driver manually in Device Manager though.

Here is the procedure:

- First make sure you have an external mouse attached to the USB port.
- Uninstall the current touchscreen driver. This happens automatically when you run the setup package of the new driver.
- Install the new driver
--- Check "Install PS/2 Driver"
--- Uncheck "Install RS232 Driver"
--- Uncheck "MultiMonitor"
--- At the Calibration options screen pick "None"
- Reboot
- Run the eGalaxTouch calibration tool. If it can detect your device, then simply run the calibration and you're good to go.

If your device is not detected in the eGalaxTouch tool, then follow the next few steps.

- Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager
- There should be an entry under the "Mice" category called HID PS/2 [something]. It should currently have the yellow warning triangle.
- Right click on the aforementioned entry, and pick Update Driver Software.
- Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Browse to C:\Program Files\eGalaxTouch (just highlight the eGalaxTouch folder). Click OK.
- The driver will now install. If there is a warning window, pick "Install anyway". This appears because the driver is not WHQL certified (not a big deal).
- Reboot!
- Run the eGalaxTouch calibration tool, and calibrate your device.

Maybe its a placebo effect, but my screen appears more responsive with the new driver. :o