Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Will this apk work with the new version 2 software??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

apeaI Just installed on latest firmware.
However, when I go to open tge market it won't let me sign in. It comes up with an error about a sim card. it apears as if it ie ignoring wifi and trying to use a nonexistqnt 3g

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey nickf, I checked a previous post - see if this will work and let us know:

rotaman wrote:
Hi All

I just checked out all your posts, and I think I figured out the signing thing.

> turn off wifi
> turn off the sync (icon next to the gps & brightness toggles)
> turn on the syn
> turn on the wifi & connect to your wifi network.
> sign into google.

This should work. I think the data sync has to be turned on first, then the wifi, so it recognizes it.

Let me know if this works for anyone.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I have an Archos 5 IT with Firmware 2.0.38
I tried to install to market4archos but get a parse error. Same as the one in post: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41810&p=283038&hilit=Market4Archos#p283038
This file was created for firmware 1.7.x and from what I have read, seems to work perfect then. Is there a way, or another file, to install the market using 2.0.38 firmware?
I also read there is a new file (apps4archos2) for the new firmware 2.0.54: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42067 I haven't try that file in the 2.0.38, but I think it will not work.

Thank for the help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

2.0.54 is for the Gen 8 Archos tablets. The market4archos.apk works on 2.0.38.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have installed market4archos.apk as directed. Installation went fine and I rebooted and set screen calibration and acceleration.
When I click on the market app it opens up to a dark page with a box that says "Remove Google Applications". After waiting for a time I clicked it.
A box pops up and says "Applications Removed". Then it's back to the first box again and you can do it over and over. Nothing changes.
I have Archos 5IT with firmware version 2.0.38. Have been learning with it about 3 weeks and does mostly well.
Hopefully someone will let me know what I am doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Click happy me, I'm back...
Just deleted out the app and checked file to be sure of the .apk. Reinstalled. Same thing. Then I noticed the icom beside the one for Market4Archos and it only said "Market", so I clicked on it and .... yes, there it is and all is well. Do I need to delete the original?
But why do I have to contend with so many icons for the apps. I have them in 2-3 places on the 'desktop'. ????
Hope someone is enlightened or entertained by this post.
I can always use help. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you @jschall. I tried again and it worked.
@redcloud2m, after you installed it , the Market4archos turn into a remover. After you reboot you will have gmail, google maps, google talk, and the market icon you mentioned. That one is Android Market Place, where you can search for free and paid apps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

juancore wrote:
Thank you @jschall. I tried again and it worked.
@redcloud2m, after you installed it , the Market4archos turn into a remover. After you reboot you will have gmail, google maps, google talk, and the market icon you mentioned. That one is Android Market Place, where you can search for free and paid apps.

Thank you so much. I understand it better now and will have to tackle the GPS soon. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

so i just got my 5 500gb today, been reading the forums figuring out if this device would suit my needs, obviously having the google apps (market especially) was key. So this is the first thing i did other than update to 2.0.38. The apk works great, but getting the market to work was a lil tricky. First time i installed the market4archos.apk i setup my google account and gmail worked great. could open market, but if i tried to download anything nothing working. So i went in to manage apps and cleared the cache for market and tried to uninstall updates (it failed to remove updates) then i went through the market4archos to remove the apps, rebooted then started over. The steps below seemed to get it to work after that whole mess.

Connect to your wifi
install the apk
reboot
open market first
go through the google account sign-in/creation
and then the market came up (after the agreement) and worked fine.
It is the older version of the market, so i'm waiting to see if the market updates and continues to work. Hopefully it will, and hopefully this may help someone else out.

Thanks for all the hard work on this device. As an avid android phone geek, this is an awesome alternative for something with a lil more storage and power to play with.. :)

Edit: Just picked up my device again, market is updated and working properly.. Yay! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi I just got thearchos 5 for christmas and really like it. I downloaded the hack and got it working its great that you can now watch youtube with the app and google maps but every time I try to sign into google account to go to the market place of gmail it tries to sign in and fails and it most of the time makes me lose my wifi , it gives me the error to try again later and make sure you have a data plan and blah blah about phone, how can I resolve this problem so I can get into the market.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Oh boy - I am a new user and as an aside my device has been so difficult from the minute I started with it. I have been wrestling with it for days to make it function at all. So this is a dumb question - I followed your link, joined rapidshare and got the apx file on my desktop computer at home because since FLASH isn't supported on my Archos the rapidshare website is AWFUL! So how can I get the .apx onto my Archos disk? I tried emailing from the rapidshare site and I can't open the download in the email! Is this hell ever going to end? Please help me guys!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

pkarza wrote:
Hey nickf, I checked a previous post - see if this will work and let us know:
Thanks for that, works a treat......

rotaman wrote:
Hi All

> turn off wifi
> turn on the syn
> sign into google.

This should work. I think the data sync has to be turned on first, then the wifi, so it recognizes it.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey Everyone, I'm having a problem. Ever since Android Market was updated ( Flashy new screen and cool background since about 3 days ago), my A5IT keeps telling me the "Sorry!" error.

The full message is as follows:

"Sorry!
The application Market (process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. "

I don't know why this is happening but I tried uninstalling the google apps and reinstalling but that didn't work. The message even pops up randomly on my home screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Only a radical one I'm afraid. Format your Archos from the Recovery Menu. Install firmware. Install Market. Install main apps. Load data. Install trivial apps. Sounds radical, I know, but could save ages in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:30 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

alessi wrote:
Only a radical one I'm afraid. Format your Archos from the Recovery Menu. Install firmware. Install Market. Install main apps. Load data. Install trivial apps. Sounds radical, I know, but could save ages in the end.

I did this, but the problem still returned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

7thSeal wrote:
alessi wrote:

I did this, but the problem still returned

Really? Sorry, it worked for me. Did you download everything you needed afresh? Or did you use old saved files from somewhere?

If rebuilding the Archos from scratch doesn't help, then I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

S.O.S....I just bought an Archos 70 (250) and I'm lost. Do I have to uninstall Google to run this? Where I can get info to understand my new toy. I'm familiarized with Apple not with this one. Thanks,,,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

irios33 wrote:
S.O.S....I just bought an Archos 70 (250) and I'm lost. Do I have to uninstall Google to run this? Where I can get info to understand my new toy. I'm familiarized with Apple not with this one. Thanks,,,

Where to start?

You're in the wrong forum. These are the forums for the A70:
viewforum.php?f=63
viewforum.php?f=73

Uninstall "Google" from a new Archos? I don't know what you mean by Google, on a new Archos. If you mean the Google Search app, then no.

Since you are in a thread about installing the Market on an Archos, then this is not the method for your device.

The best (arguably) method is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=867303

If you want some tips on getting started with what to install on your new toy, you could do a lot worse than starting here:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=45351

Welcome to the forum, and the ups and dows to come. If nothing else, it'll be an adventure.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:44 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Never mind all works....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

rotaman wrote:
Hi All

> turn off wifi
> turn on the syn
> sign into google.

Cheers,

Man if you lived in greece i would treat you a dozen of beers.
Thanks a lot.
I was trying for a week and i coudn't find a solution.

Thanks a lot.
IT WORKED :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next