Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 3:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Touch Driver not working
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
Just bought a brand new 1.2GHZ Archos 9. I wanted to install Windows 7 Home Premuim via the anytime upgrade codes but i knew i had to download some drivers first.
I downloaded all the drivers and attempted to install them.
I instaled the HIDeGalaxy driver and it unintalled, restarted then i installed it again, restarted pc and now both my touch screen and mouse pad arnt working and im having to navigate around with a USB mouse and virtual keyboard.. im am this very second attempting a system restore but im not sure if that'll work. Any ideas what i may have done to mess up?
Thanks in advance
JGPRYCE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK the restore has fixed it. What what could i do to prevent it happpening again? i have to reinstall the driver again :/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When you are installing the touch driver, make sure you have selected the ps/2 option (turn the check box on).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok i retried the install and checked the box but still no luck, the drivers uninstall but dont reinstall and i have to system restore again :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Re-start windows and try downloading and installing the driver from this zip folder: http://www.box.net/shared/h7b5r0ksk4.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thank you so much it worked fawlessly and the touch screen is soo much better now :)
just a quick question as ive been looking all over the internet with no real answer... is there any definate thing i have to do to get my anytime upgrade to hone premium to work? it just hangs at 38% then fails?
thanks again :)
JGPRYCE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:09 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

JGPRYCE wrote:
is there any definate thing i have to do to get my anytime upgrade to hone premium to work? it just hangs at 38% then fails?
thanks again :)
JGPRYCE

I'm not sure because I have always opted to do a clean installation. One thing you can do is to try turning everything you can off before installing the anytime upgrade, e.g. wifi (not sure if this is required for anytime upgrade, but if it isn't turn it off), virus scanning software, any other software and/or utility.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thankyou, i shall have another go later :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I upgraded from Starter to Ultimate using anytime upgrade. It failed at 38% repeatedly. I was finally successful on my 4th or 5th try. I lost track. This took over 15 hours because each attempt takes about 3.5 hours from attempted upgrade to reversion... I should have been more systematic with my process, as I do not know if all of it is needed, but I definitely was successful in my install.

1. Uninstall the HP System Restore application **caution! you will lose your system image**
- anytime upgrade will fail if it detects a recovery partition
2. Install all Windows updates
- anytime upgrade will fail if the windows version it detects is not up to date
3. Download and update the latest graphic, sound, touch, and network drivers.
- anytime upgrade will fail if the windows version it detects is not up to date
4. Go into System Configuration to modify the boot menu and turn off Security Center and disable any applications in Startup
- not sure of impact. some claim the upgrade process will hang with the security center on
5. Begin upgrade process and cross your fingers...