I've followed these instructions. I have the Archos605 30GB with latest firmware 2.1.04
1) Shutdown your 605 by holding the on/off button until you see shutting down.
2) Restart your 605 by holding the TV and the on/off button you should now see a white screen with 3 options
- Repair disk
- Format disk
choose Repair Disk, it will now ask you to connect the device to your PC and install an update file.
3) Connect your device to the PC and rename the System.bin in the System folder on your archos to System.bin.old, then copy the downloaded System.bin to the System folder on your device. (NOTE: after applying this hack you can copy your old System.bin back in the same way, this will restore your settings like wallpaper, language etc)
4) Copy all the files from the GFT3 hack to the root of your archos and the arcwelder to /Data/arcwelder
5) Click done on your archos and let it boot.
6) Enable wireless.
7) After the wireless is connected, go back to the wifi status menu.
Click on the little arrow in the left bottom corner to scroll down and click on Wireless File Server and then again on Enable File Server.
9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.)
10) After this shutdown the fileserver and completely shutdown your device. Restart your device. After the restart rename the jspluginsx to jsplugins in the filebrowser of your archos and open the dohack.html. Wait until the opera browser closes and your done.
But after it runs my icons are all messed up and I dont have any of the plugins...after the hack runs it seems to run an ARClib update that takes a good 15min but like I said no plugins are active and the Icons are all messed up and not in the right place. For example to activate wifi I have an icon that looks like a floppy disk??? Also When I go to check firmware and plugins it tells me that I have firmware 1.7.13 now and no plugins when before the hack I had 2.1.04 and the web browser plugin???? Any suggestions...also everytime I boot I get an ARClib update and it scans all my songs as if I just added new songs??? The instructions seem simple..just wondering why it doesnt work for me??