Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:31 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Does it give a hint that froyo 2.2 will not be available for A5A? If not why does archos released this tablet just for apps? If archos does not release froyo 2.2 or better lot of people will not trust this company anymore and think of it as a thug. I bought a5a for flash only. I also bought A5 imt for to use internet via usb dongle, i purchased dongle plus dock but archos never released the plugin to use for internet. On the description of A5 imt it says :

"3.5G Ready plug-in for enjoying Internet everywhere via the 3.5G-HSDPA GSM network by connecting a 3.5G-HSDPA dongle to a Mini Dock or Battery Dock USB port".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

why try open up old wounds - we all know archos's track record with promising and not delivering - we also know that froyo is not on the table, its never been on the table so quite why you're pretending to be suprised is odd at the very least - you need to sell your unit and move on with your life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:50 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Actually to answer your question why the price keeps dropping:

There are new Archos devices ready to be released, so the price drops on old Archos devices, pretty simple in my book.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:07 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

i asked it becasue i thought a5a will have new fw. But after readings your replies i am sure no fw update for it. And if archos release gen9 in 2011 then gen 8 will become outdated also as per companies track record. Archos made it's reputation ugly seriouly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

xfirex i just visited to amazon to see the prices of gen 6 a5 imt and the prices are sky high maybe because gen6 is the famous model. I will buy another one if released on archos website even refurbished.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:32 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have just sold my collection of older archos models including 2 gen 6's - why , because although ecxellent , they are inferior to the current gen 7 in almost every way - I suspect the gen 8 is going to be so aswell. You clearly do not have a fully functioning unit to make you as p*****d off as you are ,so why didn't you rma it just as others have done , you can't just keep banging on about it and take no action to sort out the problem - no-one else is going to do it for you

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:06 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

that's the point i was asking about thanks paulus for clearifying it. So we need to sell our previous gens devices and buy the new gen to get updated with archos fw. Thanks again paulus. And you said it right sell it and move on (moving to samsung gt probably).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:48 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Bottom line, supply/demand on the different models.

If we are getting into a technical discussion about Android tablets and features then it's buyer beware.
I have no problem with the A5a as a Android entry level tablet.

Next tablet I buy will run Android 3.0 out of the box and must have GPS and a compass build in.
Yep, I can wait a few months for that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Xfirex that's true also supply/demand thing. Some people still wants a5imt even a5a now selling cheaper plus it has Bluetooth, tethering option and android market. I hope a5a price also go high like a5 imt after a5a becomes short in market. If most of the people wait to buy new gen8 chances are archos with provide fully working devices out of the box. They will know people have already waited for decent update.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:03 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

If the device your looking at does not do what you want it to, DONT BUY IT! or if you find out afterwards, send it back. I'm not a techie, I buy products for a purpose, and use them for as long as possible. I've only had 2 mobile phones (that will shock everone I'm sure), as they suited my needs, the first one was a nokia 5146 with a green screen (still works), current one is a nokia music express 5310 (oh, I'm 39 by the way)

I've just started to read the forums, and have found out loads from them.

I was very worried about buying an Archos product, because of reliability issues. I had my A5A less than 3 days before it developed a fault and i sent it back, (I had the 43 vision before, and that packed up too!) as it went back, the new ones were announced! I will now only buy an archos product with an extended warranty, as my worries were justified.

I did not know about the flash situation properly, so was very dissapointed when I could not play web video (it's an internet tablet, why wouldn't it play web video?), but I did buy it as a video player mainly (and it is superb for this! I even bought 16GB of cards to expand it). Then I thought, what was the point of an internet tablet if you can't use it fully on the internet? (might as well get a netbook) I have since got my money back, as I don't like compromise. Unfortunately I believed the archos speil! (wish I knew about the forums first)

I don't want the A43It, it's shipped with 2.1 (have to wait and see IF they deliver 2.2 for it), and the screen is too small and the memory is useless, so won't buy one. But I will read the test reports to see how it performs, and does what they say it can.

I'm very into photography, my last digital camera was £1000 (a lot of money, but it did what I wanted), it is 2 years old and now obsolete, but it STILL does everything I want it to. My film cameras are 11 years old, and can produce even better quality, and will probably last longer as well (and I actually prefer them).
The new replacement for my digital one will do HD video, has a higher MP count and use an electronic veiwfinder (the work of the devil), I don't like this feature, so I will not buy the new one!

I want an Archos 5in screen version with decent memory and froyo 2.2 or higher, if they don't release one, I won't be buying an archos, simple!

Everyone knows archos' reputation for pissing off it's customers. But if you buy tech, it will be outdated and left behind, you HAVE to accept this.

they do make good products, their reliability is deffinetely suspect, and their promises should be taken with a pinch of salt. But they continue to sell products because there is nothing to compete with them, and people put up with their quirks as a result.

marcel