Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just bought this unit and everything works fine so far apart from Album covers. According to their advertisement:

"WeÔÇÖve also included ÔÇ£nice-to-haveÔÇØ features such as album cover and lyrics display to make your music playback even more enjoyable. etc."

I have tried everything from tag the songs and uncovering the hidden Folder.jpg file but the album cover just will not appear when playing the songs. It remains a blank .....anyone with contructive ideas please?

Have tried emailing customer services but no reply at all !!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
I have tried everything from tag the songs and uncovering the hidden Folder.jpg file but the album cover just will not appear when playing the songs. It remains a blank .....anyone with contructive ideas please?
Make sure the album art is embedded in the music file, most 'mp3 taggers' will do this, I use MP3Tag, which is free to use.
Quote:
Have tried emailing customer services but no reply at all !!
In my dealings with Archos they have never replied to enquires made on their on-line 'customer service', they prefer you to use their premium rate telephone number! One of the worse company I've dealt with, ever!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for that but I am no techno expert. How do I ensure that the album art is embedded in the music file ? The Album Art is a hidden file in the music album folder...is this the same thing then ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you download and install a music tagging program, i.e. the one I use mainly is MP3Tag available here http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv246asetup.exe, you just open the relative files with MP3Tag by right clicking on an individual file or more appropriately a folder and select mp3tag from the drop down list. You'll then notice a 'square with a cd disc' inside on the bottom lefthand side of the program window. Just select all the relative music tracks, drag and drop the album art (.jpg file) into the 'square' and then save. When you select a file(s) in MP3Tag if there is an embedded album art cover it will show up in the 'square' otherwise it will be blank.

The hidden Album Art (folder.jpg) is not the same as the Album Art being embedded in the file, as far as I know the Archos does not support 'external' image files unless anybody else knows different!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok I have installed the said mp3tag program as suggested. I have selected one of the songs from an album and the cover is shown down on the bottom left side (200 X 200) with a picture of the album cover. The next song has a picture but now shows (75 X 75).

Next I have transferred the said album including the above songs again onto Archos unit. It plays the songs but yet still no album cover.

I am stumped.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You should make sure that each song for a particular album has the same 'jpg' file embedded. If you load an album in MP3Tag and select all the tracks, then if one of the tracks has a different 'jpg' file embedded you'll notice that there will be no album art shown. Just make sure that you have a copy of the relevant album art then delete all the embedded 'jpg' files from each track, saving each one. Then select all the files and drag the album art into the box and the select save, this should embed the same 'jpg' file in each track.

If that doesn't do the trick then I'm afraid I'm stumped, this should work. I embed all my album art this way and all the music files show album art.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks caoimhghin !! :lol:

Success it has finally worked. Done what you suggested and have gone back to basics. Deleted everything and started from scratch making sure that each song has the same embedded album jpeg file. It has been most tedious and time consuming but at least it has worked and been rewarding.

Btw Archos customer services still have not replied despite sending over 10 queries. Clearly they don't believe in after sales service :shock: I will not be recommending anyone to buy any of their products ever again. Just noticed that they are based in France for queries....etc.....so no wonder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You must ensure that each song for an album in particular, has the same "jpg" file included. If you load an MP3 Tag "and select all tracks, and if a track has a different file in" jpg "integrated, you will notice that there is no album art shown. Make sure you have a copy of the cover disk and then remove all stakeholders "jpg" files included in each title, the economies of each. Then select all files and drag the album art in the box and select the backup, which should incorporate the same "jpg" file on each track.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Zuzana....I am still learning... :lol:

Just had to go back to basics and started from scratch.........at least it is finally working but with no help whatsoever from Archos though........ :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks! i was having this issue as well, and i followed Zuzanna's advice, and I now havve all of my artwork!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Glad you found your answers crossmetal...but isn't it annoying that Archos customer service cannot assist !!! What's the point of putting up an email query link and then they don't ever reply to the query !!! :x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Music selection of these music download sites. There's really no reason to use them, if they have millions of music and songs, ie unlimited music downloads in their collection, but none is what you want. Most have to do a regular selection of music that are more common like pop, rock and so on. But if you're looking for specific niche genres which are a bit unusual, you should check whether the collection of music on these sites to download music you want to wear the label or brand of music.

Monir Sider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Fiona...confused.com here...I think you have posted your comments on the wrong thread....... :lol: