Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have a stuck pixel (stuck on blue), and tried a couple of different RGB vid loops to fix the problem. They made my unit pretty hot, so I didn't go through the all nighter of having it run on loop.
That jscreenfix video loop on their site is suppose to accomplish the same thing, only put less stress on the GFX hardware and the screen itself. Only problem is, that I can't get the JS page to load and run on my A5.
Does anyone have a vid loop similar to this?
http://www.jscreenfix.com/applet.php?wi ... eight=1024
(warning, this is a definite seizure vid loop, so be warned. lol)

Thanks in advance. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If there isn't one maybe someone could create one and it can be loaded on the website that cyrus started, I will try to create a gif and see if it would be a viable solution. I personally don't need it but it definitely is a good resource for a perfectionist like myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Defective_Pixel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I think he might of tried that...

@Spz0: Maybe it wouldn't get so hot if you streamed the video from a networked computer instead of it running from the Archos HDD.

I got the images finished i just need to find a gif creator that works on Ubuntu/Kubuntu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:45 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bonus m8. let me know if and when you get that compiled. :) lookin forward to it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I found some interesting news... The IMTs' picture viewer doesn't support GIFs... :shock: I made a few GIFs of different types and frame rates, after I loaded them onto my IMT, I tried to play one but it spit out an error saying "Cannot display [file name].gif". :(

They do however work from the internet but it isn't a true full screen like the picture/video players. I also created a flash version, but again not full screen... :doubt:

Anyways since i cant upload anything with photobucket that is over a MB, here is a 4KB GIF that cycles from white to red to green to blue at 20 FPS http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/LuciferTengu/ArchosFans/RGB800x48020-FPS.gif

Be careful as that GIF could cause a seizure, so don't focus on the screen while it is cycling.

I will try to upload a SWF of the full version once I get rid of the white bars on either side of the SWF... Possibly later today, but I need some sleep, as I've been up for over 40 hours. :|

EDIT: Modded the SWF to compensate for the menu bar at the top, and packaged it with the other animations I made, along with the original images contained in them: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EN8B4B24