Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

This (software) hack survives shutdown and enables all plugins on hard-disk 605 wifi devices up to latest firmware 2.1.04 (tested on 30GB model but should apply to all, plugins unlock won't work on 4G flash models ( EDIT 4G Flash plugins unlocked), it also runs a root script which you can customise to install whatever else you want (another os can run in a chroot). It does not require wifi once installed (If you have Opera), but initial set up requires either GFT or GFT2 ssh wifi access, or a usb stick + minidock. IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND CAN EASILY BE DISABLED/RESET.

NB If you don't have the Opera plugin, then this requires access to a wifi point to activate each boot (via the archos content portal)

NOTE. Once set up the plugins unlock must be activated EACH BOOT by renaming a directory (jspluginsx) and opening opera (with a local file so no wifi needed), this takes a few seconds.

Thanks to divx118 (Maurice) for the excellent GFT2 hack which enabled this to be developed, and archilles for the avos plugins unlock from moldy cheese hack, thanks also to fiat for the original GFT (you have to install arcwelder for the sshd daemon used by GFT3) :)

See the discussion thread for history and tech details of the development.

Download the GFT3 files [DO THIS FIRST]
=======================================

(Stable version 1.0 now available, redownload and install again if you had issues with earlier versions)

Copy the files from this gzip tar archive: gft3_v1.0.tar.gz (or gft3_v1.0.zip), to the top directory of you archos hard disk using usb (or the samba file server over wifi)

If you don't have firmware 2.1.04 installed then you'll need to get a copy of avos 2.1.04 unlocked ( see ***NOTE below ) from moldy_cheese_v0.2_stable and copy it to the top directory. (Alternatively, upgrade to firmware 2.1.04, or download the firmware and extract avos, then apply the binary edits yourself, there are 20 to apply, see my post later in this thread)

If you already have firmware 2.1.04 then the binary edits to unlock plugins will be done by the installer

You should also get arcwelder from http://code.google.com/p/arcwelder/downloads/list , this is not compulsory, but it allows an sshd daemon to run, and using this to restart avos seems to fix issues with the backlight. (As well as allowing root access via ssh)

So the top directory 'A605' (/mnt/data) contains:

avos - only required if you are not running 2.1.04 firmware or want to run your own customised avos
hack.sh
restartavos.sh
dohack.html
nohup
ssh
sys_info
jsplugins/hack.so
jsplugins/jsplugins.ini
jsplugins/libwebpipe.so

and arcwelder directory should be copied to Data

Data/arcwelder/..

Quick Install instructions for experts: 1. remove symlink /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins (using 'rm' not 'rm -fr'), and recreate it to point to /mnt/data/jsplugins, then start opera or 2. execute /mnt/data/hack.sh manually from an ssh session

***NOTE
To extract avos from moldy_cheese_v0.2_stable unzip the file, and (assuming you are running linux) mount the rootfs.cramfs.secure with:

mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount -o loop,offset=256 rootfs.cramfs.secure /mnt/tmp

then avos is in /mnt/tmp/usr/bin

How to Install via minidock + usb stick
========================================

1. Insert an ext3 (NOT ext2) formatted usb stick with a symlink to /mnt/system in the top directory (create it from any linux distro (including a gft ssh session) , the link create command will be 'ln -s /mnt/system /usb_mount_point/mnt_system', eg. on the archos, usb_mount_point = /mnt/msc0) DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS

2. tap on 'mnt_system' to open it in the lhs pane of the file browser window, then open opera_home, rename 'jsplugins' to 'jspluginsx' (or whatever you prefer)

3. copy directory /mnt/data/jsplugins to /mnt/system/opera_home/' (/mnt/data/jsplugins should be visible in the rhs pane, just tap on it and select copy, it will automatically copy to opera_home in the lhs pane)

4. Remove the usb stick and start Opera. (eg tap the 'dohack.html' file, which won't require wifi)

(Once the usb stick is set up, this method takes ~10secs to apply)

How to Install via Wifi using GFT(2)
======================================

1. Connect via GFT (for 1.7.13 firmware) or GFT2 for later firmware ( up to 2.1.04 ) then in the ssh session execute '/mnt/data/hack.sh'

NB: If the hack ever gets disabled (unlikely, except due to a system crash when the hack.sh executes for example) you will need to reapply one of the two methods above (the usb stick is handy to have since it's very quick to apply)

divx118 has install instructions for windows users viewtopic.php?p=191400#p191400

How to apply the hack (at any time, but needs to be applied at least once after reboot)
===================================================================

1. Tap the "Files" icon
2. Select folder jspluginsx (single tap) and rename to jsplugins (via rename/delete icon on the rhs)
3. Start Opera (eg tap the dohack.html file, which opens a text page and doesn't require wifi)
(If you haven't got opera then open the archos content portal instead - this requires access to a wifi point)

NB: jsplugins is renamed back to jspluginsx after each application of the hack, so to rerun the hack just repeat these steps (This ensures the hack is ALWAYS available, even after a sudden power loss :) )

If you just want sshd but no avos restart, then rename reastartavos.sh to restartavos.shx

If /mnt/data/avos exists then restartavos.sh will use it and rename it to /mnt/data/avosx, this allows you to load your own customised versions of avos if you wish.

To Disable GFT3
===============

1. The hack will not run unless you rename the jspluginsx folder each time you start opera, so there is no need to disable it. However, if you want the archos content portal then rename hack.sh to hack.shx (or edit jsplugins/jsplugins.ini and remove the hack.so line) and jspluginsx to jsplugins before accessing the portal (this re-enables libwebpipe.so) (You will have to manually rename jsplugins back to jspluginsx afterwards otherwise the hack will be disabled on next reboot and will have to be reinstalled)

2. To permanently disable and return the device to normal, reboot the machine, then before doing anything else, rename /mnt/data/jspluginsx to /mnt/data/jsplugins and immediately reboot again. (You'll have to reinstall the hack to re-enable it)

To completely remove all associated files, delete the files in /mnt/data/ directory and (via ssh or usb symlink) delete /mnt/system/hack. If reinstalling then don't forget to rename /mnt/data/avosx back to /mnt/data/avos if applicable.

Issues
============
The hack disables the libwebpipe.so plugin in Opera, divx118 pointed out that the libwebpipe.so plugin is only needed for the archos content portal, knowing this means we don't have to worry too much about disabling it, but see above for how to re-enable the archos portal if you need it.

Currently, the avos restart script relaunches the sshd daemon afterwards, if it is not required then delete or comment the line in restartavos.sh that restarts it (it's near the bottom).

If you choose not to restart avos when running the hack (by renaming restartavos.sh to restartavos.shx) then afterwards the file browser window will need refreshing by changing to another directory and back again.

HOW IT WORKS
==================

For the technical development of this see the discussion thread

When Opera starts it loads plugins listed in /mnt/system/opera_home/jsplugins/jsplugins.ini, these are just shared object libraries, so we would like to add our own (hack.so) which does nothing except execute a system call when loaded

Code:
# cat hack.c
// compile with gcc -nostartfiles -fpic -shared -lc -o hack.so hack.c

void _init()
{
        system("/mnt/data/hack.sh &");
}

This executes with root privileges (which is nice) and you can put anything you like in the hack script hack.sh.

Now, jsplugins is a symlink to the read-only /usr/opt/opera_dir/jsplugins directory, but we can rename it and put our own directory/symlink there.

Previous hacks have not survived reboots, but thanks to archos fumbling the logic in /etc/init.d/S30Opera for recreating the jsplugins link (to /usr/opera/opera_dir/jsplugins) we can create a link to a nonexistent directory, and then it is not changed on reboot. After reboot we just rename a directory so the link is valid each time we want to run the hack (so you rename /mnt/data/jspluginsx to /mnt/data/jsplugins). IF the link is valid at boot it WILL BE RESET, so at power off we need to ensure /mnt/data/jsplugins does not exist, I have used a bind mount on /sbin to edit /sbin/reboot and /sbin/poweroff to do the check.

To restart avos from a script requires some care, since wifi is disabled if you do it wrong, see the restartavos.sh script for details on which modules to unload/reload (I changed it from the one posted in the discussion thread). Also, since the process doing the restart is a child of the avos process, we need to detach it or use nohup to run it, 'ssh -f' enables us to detach it.

Development Environment
=======================

Anyone who wants a full gcc toolset and linux tools including vim/nano editors for working on the archos can get it here
http://www.jbg.f2s.com/archos605/armx.ext3.gz (29MB)
http://www.jbg.f2s.com/archos605/setpaths.sh

Copy to /mnt/data (unzip the ext3 image, it's a 100MB filesystem image), and execute this to activate the tools in an ssh session (press tab tab to see commands available afterwards)
Code:
. /mnt/data/setpaths.sh

Do not forget the initial dot (followed by a space)

NB this uses the spare loop device, so if you have gps you need to create extra loop devices

UPDATE: you can create extra loop devices by adding this code to the top of the setpaths script
# create a second spare loop device
if [ ! -d /mnt/system/dev ]; then cp -a /dev/ /mnt/system/; fi
mount -o bind /mnt/system/dev /dev
if [ ! -b /dev/loop2 ]; then mknod /dev/loop2 b 7 2; fi

Most C projects can be built in /mnt/system and will compile using the sequence:

tar xvf project.src.gz
cd project
./configure --prefix=/mnt/system/armx/usr
make
make install

The armx.ext3 partition in 100mb, if you need more space, create a bigger ext3 file with 'dd if=/dev/zero of=armx.ext3 bs=1M count=200' and 'mke2fs -j -m0 armx.ext3' (Then copy all the contents from the original armx.ext3 to a temp dir on your linux box, and then transfer them to the new armx.ext3 by loop mounting it and using 'cp -a')

Afterword
==========

I don't have any moral qualms about this, the archos605 is unsupported now, and my battery died last year so it's only right I should get some compensation in the form of free plugins now. I have admiration for the technology though, the TI chip allows the device to play H264 movies with only 10% arm cpu usage (but dvd quality not 720p), that's compared to 20-30% cpu usage playing plain old mp3s! With the podcast plugin you can now download all those you tube videos in "HD"
http://tinyurl.com/ydqeclf :)

It's amusing that archos' content portal software creates this hole, especially since the content portal is available even if the Opera plugin isn't purchased. There are many security holes exploited here that should be a good lesson for the hapless archos developers:

1. Remember to test for the existence of a dangling symlink (/etc/init.d/S30Opera)
2. Don't allow adhoc shared object libraries to be listed in you config files (jsplugins.ini)
3. Don't execute lame javascript plugin code with root privileges
4. If you're gonna hide a partition (/mnt/system) don't allow access via a symlink on a usb stick
5. Don't allow media plugins to be enabled by simple alteration to the binary code (lock the plugin list at boot for example)
6. Don't allow avos to be restarted without a reboot. (/usr/bin/avos_helper.sh is mostly helpful to hackers)

And add to that the samba holes exploited by GFT2.

Quite a bit to think about there guys ;)

Last edited by sideways on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am, edited 23 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Congratulations, guys, this is surely the most advanced root exploit for any Archos device yet. All the others were really simple in comparison.

I guess the next big step to freedom would be to somehow take over the kernel and make it load a custom kernel and custom init. However, with this exploit stuff like a qtopia running on top of avos would already be possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

grond wrote:
Congratulations, guys, this is surely the most advanced root exploit for any Archos device yet. All the others were really simple in comparison.

I guess the next big step to freedom would be to somehow take over the kernel and make it load a custom kernel and custom init. However, with this exploit stuff like a qtopia running on top of avos would already be possible.

Cheers.

I'm not sure the kernel can be modified by a userspace hack like this, and probably only worth it for hobbyists, might be an interesting next project though.

btw, I initially posted a buggy link to gft3.tar.gz which had a bad script (poweroff was disabled), it's fixed now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, but I can not run opera after a reboot, because I did not buy this plugin...
What can I do in this case?
This step
Quote:
3. Start Opera (eg tap the dohack.html file, which opens a text page and doesn't require wifi)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Great job sideways :D . You made the GFT2 hack usefull.
I will try the scripts and play around with it. I agree with grond, it would be nice to have something like a functional Qtopia. I am new to building things like this, but am prepared to put my free time in it.

@Styler Look here

Maurice 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Styler wrote:
Thanks, but I can not run opera after a reboot, because I did not buy this plugin...
What can I do in this case?
This step
Quote:

Hmm, perhaps it might be worth the purchase now, since £30 for all the plugins is semi-reasonable ;)

Alternatively, is the content portal link available? I'm sure that was active before I purchased the browser plugin (To be honest, I assumed nearly everyone had the browser)

(I remember someone once posted how to browse the web via the content portal if you didn't have the opera plugin, by going via a google search link on one of the available pages (might be closed now).)

Alternatively you can still activate all the plugins by running '/mnt/data/hack.sh' from an ssh session, but opera is needed to activate without wifi after a reboot.

(Archos should really thank me, not only have I debugged the system for them but probably encouraged a few browser plugin purchases, minidock purchases and oem battery replacements)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Quote:
(I remember someone once posted how to browse the web via the content portal if you didn't have the opera plugin, by going via a google search link on one of the available pages (might be closed now).)

It is possible through the archos store (popup to buy plugins), not with the content portal (atleast not in the Netherlands).

Maurice 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

divx118 wrote:
Quote:

It is possible through the archos store (popup to buy plugins), not with the content portal (atleast not in the Netherlands).

Maurice 8)

I guess you'd just need to find an open wifi hotspot and start the content portal or the archos store, but I can't test since I have the browser plugin installed (and the movie plugin, which was a bit of a rip off)

Maurice, you had some ideas about renaming the jsplugins directory on shutdown (via /etc/inittab), I think it might be worth pursuing further methods since the current method misses sudden shutdowns on low battery power for instance (but not if the power off timer shuts it down). In fact, I was thinking of renaming it straight after the hack gets applied, since the only downside is the libwebpipe.so plugin is disabled, but is that actually important? (In fact, if you're not using a wifi method you might as well amend the script to do the rename, since you certainly won't need libwebpipe)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I tested the hack.sh and have some remarks.

1) Arcwelder didn't get installed. I had to add the "/bin/sh -x" for "/mnt/data/Data/arcwelder/install" in the script to get it to work.
2) Restarting avos with nohup works fine for me, only if I have the device in the dock it does some strange things. I am going to test this and see where it goes wrong. Outside the dock I have no problems. I guess you have it always in the dock, because of your broken battery?
3) Like you already mentioned I can confirm if your device freezes and you have to force a restart with holding the on/off button, the jsplugins folder doesn't get renamed. So to be sure rename it manually after running the hack.sh. By normal power off and seeing the shutting down window the folder will be renamed.

Isn't the webpipe plugin for detecting the flashvideos on youtube? I still have to test this to be sure. EDIT: it is not for the flashvideos.

Maurice 8)

EDIT: I don't think the /etc/inittab would make a difference. I think the low battery power or if the device freezes the shutdown will be done outside the OS so no way to control this. The best way is to change it back right after the hack. I will look if I can find out what the webpipe plugin is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'd just bought a plug-in Opera, if it could be updated.
I have minidock, perhaps there is another way?
There are any way to update flash to version 9? ( or opera )
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The webpipe plugin is used for the portal. There is a special class ( Archospipe() ) available in javascript that can interact with avos. I did some tests and it seems if the libweb plugin isn't available this is broken.
You can test it by going to the content portal and then choose Jamendo try to download an album with the webpipe available and then again if it is not available.
So I would say rename it right after the hack is done. If you want the webpipe available you can always rename it back manually. The automatic rename in reboot and poweroff should stay.

Some archospipe functions for those who are interested:

Code:
var ap=new Archospipe();
function archospipe_connect(id){
ap.connect(id);
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_send_dxml(_22b){
ap.send_string("1",_22b);
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_download_view(){
ap.send_code("2");
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_itemlist_view(_22c){
ap.send_string("3",_22c);
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_web_automatic_navigation(_22d){
ap.send_string("4",_22d);
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_set_current_partner(id){
ap.send_string("5",id);
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_set_as_preferred_store(){
ap.send_code("6");
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_preview(_22f,url){
ap.send_string("7",_22f,url);
ap.free_memory();
return ap.error;
}
function archospipe_get_productname(){
data_string=ap.get_string("1");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_productkey(){
data_string=ap.get_string("2");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_drm_clientinfo(){
data_string=ap.get_string("3");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_language(){
data_string=ap.get_string("6");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_country(){
data_string=ap.get_string("7");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_timezone(){
data_string=ap.get_string("8");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_list_of_items(_231){
data_string=ap.get_string("9",_231);
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_item_properties(_232){
data_string=ap.get_string("10",_232);
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return "";
}else{
return data_string;
}
}
function archospipe_get_battery_level(){
data_value=ap.get_number("11");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_value;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_web_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("12");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_widgets_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("13");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_cinema_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("4");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_videopodcast_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("5");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_hidefvideo_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("14");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_realvideo_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("15");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_plugin_alpha_state(){
data_bool=ap.get_bool("16");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_bool;
}
}
function archospipe_get_acpgroup(){
data_value=ap.get_number("17");
ap.free_memory();
if(ap.error){
return 0;
}else{
return data_value;
}
}

Maurice 8)

@ Styler sorry there is no way to update the flash on opera also the opera browser cannot be updated by us, only archos can do that or if you have alot of money you could buy the opera SDK for devices and build your own opera for the archos.

EDIT: I just looked at libwebpipe.so in my hexeditor and I am sure now. Just search for archospipe in the file.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@divx118

great, then we can just rename it in hack.sh and it's guaranteed to survive power off :)

In fact that's much better anyway, since then it's clear that you execute the hack script only when you manually do the rename (which will usually be only once between reboots)

(the poweroff & reboot scripts should test for the existence of the directory anyway, otherwise they error when attempting the rename and the device hangs, the early version I posted didn't do the test ( 'if [ -d /mnt/data/jsplugins ]; then...' ) , I fixed it a few hours later and updated the links)

I'll make that change after looking at the arcwelder issue you mention, perhaps I have edited my arcwelder scripts since installation.

Another problem I have is that the samba file server doesn't work after restarting avos, I think this is an environment issue with running it from the local ssh session, does it work with nohup?

You're right about me running the device from the dock, my battery is dead, I'll probably replace it (unless I get another arm device like an ipod toch) and follow the instructions you posted on the GFT2 site (thanks)

Please feel free to post an improved script, as it's a bit cludgy at the moment, once everything's stable I can update the links to point to the stable version (For instance, after copying the hacked avos, I rename it to avosx, but didn't mention that because in the final stable release I intend to apply the code edits from the script rather than relying on a download)

Your help with this hack is much appreciated :)

Last edited by sideways on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey, whenever i try to create the symlink in the terminal, i go to root@pam:/media/disk$ and type ln -s /mnt/system /usb_mount_point/mnt_system/

it comes up with "/usb_mount_point/mnt_system/ No such file or directory ....

where is the problem? i thought its possible to create "empty" symlinks...

hope someone can help^^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Buster wrote:
Hey, whenever i try to create the symlink in the terminal, i go to root@pam:/media/disk$ and type ln -s /mnt/system /usb_mount_point/mnt_system/

it comes up with "/usb_mount_point/mnt_system/ No such file or directory ....

where is the problem? i thought its possible to create "empty" symlinks...

hope someone can help^^

replace "usb_mount_point" with the real mount point for the usb device (this may be in /media if it's from ubuntu/fedora etc)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

First off awesome job on your work sideways.

I have a question if anyone can answer.

"This (nonflash) hack survives (normal) shutdown and enables all plugins on harddisk 605s up to latest firmware 2.1.04 "

What does nonflash mean? I am running a 605 wifi 2.1.04 and can play flash games. Does this mean I can't run this hack at all or is the flash just not going to work?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Okay i did that, by mounting my usb ext3 device and my archos in media as
/media/disk/ and /media/archos/

then my command is: ln -s /mnt/system/ /media/archos/mnt_system

but he still tells me no such file or directory...:/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:33 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

twizted25 wrote:
First off awesome job on your work sideways.

I have a question if anyone can answer.

"This (nonflash) hack survives (normal) shutdown and enables all plugins on harddisk 605s up to latest firmware 2.1.04 "

What does nonflash mean? I am running a 605 wifi 2.1.04 and can play flash games. Does this mean I can't run this hack at all or is the flash just not going to work?

Yeah sorry, I need to change the terminology, your device is fine, "nonflash" means it doesn't touch the flashrom (moldy cheese hack is a flash rom hack for example). The 2.1.04 devices have a locked flash rom, which is why moldy cheese doesn't work on them

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

crap... it just wont work...

is ln -s /mnt/system/ /media/archos/mnt_system/

right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Buster wrote:
Okay i did that, by mounting my usb ext3 device and my archos in media as
/media/disk/ and /media/archos/

then my command is: ln -s /mnt/system/ /media/archos/mnt_system

but he still tells me no such file or directory...:/

try

cd /media/archos
ln -s mnt_system

and make sure you are root (type 'echo $USER')

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for clarifying. Looking forward to stable release.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next