Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I think the readers of this forum should know:

In response to pathetic customer support I'd received in connection with an issue I'd had with my 605, and their failure to answer my question as to whether this could reoccur with the A5A, I posted a thread to let people know here:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=47&t=26474

only to find that Charbax had changed the title from "Pathetic Archos customer support", to "Pathetic Archos customer support regarding 605 WiFi EPG"

You have to ask yourself, why he would bother to do this?! Clarification? NO! My issue wasn't with the 605 (I'd already resigned myself to the fact that the PVR function was now useless given that the subscriptions were not renewable) - my concern was to ensure that the same would not happen again if I bought the A5A.

Charbax deliberately manipulated the thread to make it appear that this was to do with the 605, presumably so that any potential new customers of the A5A wouldn't read it. That's the only conclusion I can draw anyway.

What is this guy playing at? He MUST be working for Archos - why else would he spend all of his time on this forum ensuring not a bad word is said against Archos, even to the point he's prepared to ridicule himself by suggesting the system crashes could be due to wiping with a cloth, and start changing threads that don't suit the company!!!

If indeed, he IS working for Archos (and from what I can see, this can only be the case) then this is a very cynical way for Archos to treat its customers, by posing as non-employees on user forums.

Something odd is going on here...

(I wonder if this thread will be deleted?) Or changed to Charbax is not at all covering up threads against Archos???!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Dunno about everyone else, but if it pops up at the top of the Archos 5 Android section i read it anyway, I get your point. If you unsatisfied, buy something else, simple as that. I know Charbax can be cruel, but in the end it doesn't really matter what we say, we are on a forum, he is a Mod, get over it. If he works for them then I would do the same thing, don't act like you wouldn't. Hopefully this pointless thread gets deleted, but I hope you read this first cam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please don't post this crap in the main Android forum.

I don't remember your thread, I edited the topic cause it was not precise enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
If you unsatisfied, buy something else, simple as that.

I intend to - don't worry, I don't intend to troll this forum, pointing out the flaws of Archos products to anyone who'll listen. But before parting company with Archos, I thought people here should know how they treat their customers, though many will have already experienced what Archos pass as customer service.

Quote:
I know Charbax can be cruel, but in the end it doesn't really matter what we say, we are on a forum, he is a Mod, get over it. If he works for them then I would do the same thing, don't act like you wouldn't.

So you would have no problem if Archos are deceiving their customers by setting up user forums run by company employees who are told to pretend not to be so, in order that they can appear impartial whilst feeding the company line? If not, you're then welcome to it - drink down the Kool-aid, and leave room for a big piece of gullible pie. Enjoy.

Quote:
Hopefully this pointless thread gets deleted, but I hope you read this first cam.

You got your second wish; I'd be very surprised if Charbax doesn't see to it that you don't get your first as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
I don't remember your thread, I edited the topic cause it was not precise enough.

Not precise enough???!!!! Oh come on, please!! You're a joke man, and your facade is painfully thin.

Listen, I leave you to it. For whatever reason you're prepared to blindly promote anything Archos spit out, in whatever form, then go ahead. If I've made a few more people aware of Archos' abysmal customer service, and the fact that you abuse your position as Mod here to edit things in their favour, then I've achieved my small aim as I exit in search of a more reputable company. I hope others do the same.

Goodbye.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Actually, he's not just a mod, this is his website, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants here.

Not saying I agree with everything he says, but he puts out the facts and lets people decide to ignore them on their own.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:53 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Where is this site hosted? US? UK? Let's read that country's laws about freedom of speech.