OK I am going a bit social networking Web 2.0 crazy, I've also setup a Twitter account for ArchosFans.com at http://twitter.com/archosfans
Let's try this friendfeed channel for a bit, see if any interesting conversations can happen by linking the chat icon to that.
1. Sign In to friendfeed (you can use your Google or Facebook account)
2. Subscribe to http://friendfeed.com/archosfans
and start posting whatever you want in there (kind of like you would in a chat)
3. Install the friendfeed notifier on your Windows/Mac/Linux desktop and receive real-time popup notifications on your desktop when other users post in the http://friendfeed.com/archosfans
channel. You can then easilly click to go reply and discuss the topic there.
4. If you think that your forum post is very interesting for a broad friendfeed channel audience to look at, you are welcome to promote your forum.archosfans.com thread on http://friendfeed.com/archosfans
by simply explaining it briefly and linking to it.
5. If you have an Archos related blog, twitter account or anything like that, we can add your feed to http://friendfeed.com/archosfans
and thus try to improve the amount of real-time coverage that we can all have for Archos related news, discussions, ideas and whatever else.
6. I am not saying that I believe this twitter/friendfeed stuff will work great in the future, I just think friendfeed looks a little more usable than twitter. Their new real-time AJAX interface backend could be really interesting to basically make some kind of mix between a Chat, random twittering, RSS aggregating Archos related feeds and discussing whatever actual topics are Archos related on the Internet. Any Archos user can post questions and get real-time answers on there. Promote the forum's most interesting threads and discuss them there. Post new Archos Youtube videos as soon as they are made and plenty more. Eventually we can also record ArchosFans podcasts using audio, perhaps even live video streaming from events.
7. Eventually we will all subscribe to this http://friendfeed.com/archosfans
channel on our Archos Android devices, which will then popup real-time notifications on our Archos HSDPA device everytime something new happens in the Archos universe. Later I expect friendfeed to also implement all kinds of relevancy filtering so you will be able to filter how much of the noise that you will want to be notified about in real-time.