gawd you guys are not easily pleased lol.
anyways, ive spent hours and hours getting the last 7 albums that are not showing up on my player - no joy - so i decided to play the albums directly. 3 of them were ok but the rest crashed the player.... hmmmmm.
anyways, i started to think about video problems etc then it hit me, header errors on the files so google became my new best friend.
I found a program called Free mp3 validator http://www.gromkov.com/faq/repair/mp3_validator.html
and installed it. (FREEWARE)
i decided to put all my files though the program thinking sod it, it took about an hour to scan and fix the files, there were 1000s of dodgy mp3s on my machine, once it had done its job i disconnected, ran arc lib update.... holly sh** all my files are now in my arch lib. i know this wont fix problems with ogg or flac, but it seems to do the trick with mp3.
im hoping this will finally put to bed the problems with the arch lib, please try it out ive spent HOURS on this problem.
the program may not be the best but i found it suited its purpose, if anyone finds a quicker or better program that freeware let us know.
im gona chill now and enjoy using the complete search feature. it dosnt appear to be archos programming thats at fault just dodgy file encoding, archos firmware just seems to be a little to quick to ignore files with any sort of corruption.
edit before i forget, make sure you have your machine fully charged before hand or on a mini dock with ac supply.
also before you start the process select file, prefrences, and then tick all the fields (three boxed), then just drag and drop your WHOLE music file in the screen. it will ignore bad tagging, all we want is the actual files fixed so they show in the libary.
good luck, im going to see if i can find a similar program for ogg and flac.