Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 pm 
Oh.. by the way... no were in my post did I attack anyone PERSONALLY. I commented on Indian tech support idiots, pretending they are American by saying their name is Bill. You are the one that unleashes personal attacks, along with your little mod buddy over there.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:32 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
Missionsparta wrote:
I am "f*ck" the 704 and the 705


Well a Washington Post journalist seems to love the 705 and thinks it's amazingly awesome in combination with a Dish Networks DVR: http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conten ... 01386.html


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
mitchelln wrote:
The cheapest you can get the Wii Fit for in the UK is £102.99. Using your financial principles that you use all over this site, I make that $200.


Sam's Club in the USA has Wii Fit for $78.

In the UK you can get it for 75Ôé¼ which is ┬ú59 by buying it from Germany through http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/in-Spie ... i-Fit.html Shipping from Germany to any country in the EU is about 15Ôé¼ which is ┬ú11 or it can be less then that even, delivered within 3 days.

I am too lazy to find the UK price comparison websites, pricerunner.co.uk is kind of crappy. But I cannot imagine the UK is much more expensive then Germany. Surely some retailers are keeping the price of Wii Fit high cause it's such a hot item that's really hard to find anywhere in stock. Nintendo is making them as quickly as they can. Analysts say that by after Christmas, Nintendo will have shipped 50 million Wiis and perhaps as many as 20 million Wii Fit boards, that is if Nintendo can produce the Wii Fit balance boards fast enough. Which is pure amazing that such a large console accessory is so popular and generate so many extra console sales. In fact, by after Christmas, analysts say Nintendo will have sold more Wii Fit balance boards then Sony will have sold PS3s globally.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:27 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 715
Ah, now we know. Split personality disorder:

Charbax wrote
Quote:
Clearly under another and less lazy forum administration, Missionsparta, alankayser and mitchelln would have been banned a long time ago.


Then Charbax wrote
Quote:
I am too lazy to find the UK price comparison websites


"I'm not going to call you a stupid fat lazy American hippie b#stard, cause you see, personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum."

Does that include the personal attacks by you, or just by us. Because if it's just us, please quote.

I am not fat or lazy or a hippie (hippies are somewhat elderly since the movement died out long ago) and I am quite certain that my father really was my father and I am quite proud to be an American where all races, creeds and colors live together in peace if not harmony and where we soon may have a mixed race president which reflects the social progress we have made during my generation. Thank you for not making it personal.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:00 pm 
alankayser wrote:
Ah, now we know. Split personality disorder:

Charbax wrote
Quote:
Clearly under another and less lazy forum administration, Missionsparta, alankayser and mitchelln would have been banned a long time ago.


Then Charbax wrote
Quote:
I am too lazy to find the UK price comparison websites


"I'm not going to call you a stupid fat lazy American hippie b#stard, cause you see, personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum."

Does that include the personal attacks by you, or just by us. Because if it's just us, please quote.

I am not fat or lazy or a hippie (hippies are somewhat elderly since the movement died out long ago) and I am quite certain that my father really was my father and I am quite proud to be an American where all races, creeds and colors live together in peace if not harmony and where we soon may have a mixed race president which reflects the social progress we have made during my generation. Thank you for not making it personal.


Im with you Alan. We, as Americans, know the real reason the rest hate us; and I love it. They will try to tell you it is politics, economics, military, etc. The real reason is because their women LOVE us.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:02 pm 
Charbax wrote:
Missionsparta wrote:
I am "f*ck" the 704 and the 705


Well a Washington Post journalist seems to love the 705 and thinks it's amazingly awesome in combination with a Dish Networks DVR: http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conten ... 01386.html


Thank God for that post... after reading it, all of our lemon 704's and 705's are working perfectly fine now!!! Are you to stupid to realize that when they send out "review" units, that they go over them with a fine tooth comb before they ship them? And do you think these so called testers, used the unit for more than a few hours? Get a clue already. The 704 and 705 suck horribly.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:40 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 715
Missionsparta

I wonder if it's the same Washington Post that wrote this:

washingtonpost.com
Technology
Personal Tech
Review: Archos 605 WiFi Doesn't Impress

NEW YORK -- Sporting a brushed metal case, a crisp, wide touch screen and wireless Internet capabilities, the latest portable media gadget from Archos sounds like a match for the newest iPods.

I had high hopes for the $300 Archos 605 WiFi, given the company's experience in the area (it released another lookalike player, the $450 604 WiFi, last year).

But the 605 was a letdown. It's still too clunky _ with an overabundance of buttons and a difficult-to-navigate interface _ to take the place of a standard video iPod from Apple Inc.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:01 pm 
alankayser wrote:
Missionsparta

I wonder if it's the same Washington Post that wrote this:

washingtonpost.com
Technology
Personal Tech
Review: Archos 605 WiFi Doesn't Impress

NEW YORK -- Sporting a brushed metal case, a crisp, wide touch screen and wireless Internet capabilities, the latest portable media gadget from Archos sounds like a match for the newest iPods.

I had high hopes for the $300 Archos 605 WiFi, given the company's experience in the area (it released another lookalike player, the $450 604 WiFi, last year).

But the 605 was a letdown. It's still too clunky _ with an overabundance of buttons and a difficult-to-navigate interface _ to take the place of a standard video iPod from Apple Inc.


Wow... no half wit comment for that one. Ya... that is the same one alright. Either way... the European women still LOVE us! :lol:


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 am
Posts: 196
Location: London
honestly i think the 605 looks pretty nice myself, the interface is actually rather simple and pretty user friendly(big icons, easy to touch or navigate), how hard can it be unless you are retarded.
the downside of it tho is the battery level, the tech support, and the stability of the software which is a real let down. The 605 could have been alot more amazing but all down to the software it kinda puts it in the shadows.
I still love my 605 tho its one of the coolest gadget i own even better then my Asus p535 pocket pc which i love.

_________________
Archos 605 80gb


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:37 pm
Posts: 996
Location: UK
Charbax wrote:
In the UK you can get it for 75Ôé¼ which is ┬ú59 by buying it from Germany through http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/in-Spie ... i-Fit.html Shipping from Germany to any country in the EU is about 15Ôé¼ which is ┬ú11 or it can be less then that even, delivered within 3 days.

Then they have to add the VAT on. I took it as far as the payment stage on checkout and it came to over 120Ôé¼ once everything was added on. I then discovered that that cheapest company you quoted would not ship to the UK. What would happen if the device failed anyway?

Anyway I only posted this to demonstrate the ease at which a small part of a topic is constantly used to divert off from the serious points.

I also posted it to demonstrate that you use tourist rates and other dodgy conversion mechanisms when it suits you, but don't like it when the same logic is applied to counter one of your statements.

120Ôé¼ is $186, but as you have demonstrated, this is not the reality price in the US. A point I made on another thread and you argued with me about for ages because it worked to your advantage in that instance.

_________________
Cat Dog Hi!


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
mitchelln wrote:
Charbax wrote:
In the UK you can get it for 75Ôé¼ which is ┬ú59 by buying it from Germany through http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/in-Spie ... i-Fit.html Shipping from Germany to any country in the EU is about 15Ôé¼ which is ┬ú11 or it can be less then that even, delivered within 3 days.

Then they have to add the VAT on. I took it as far as the payment stage on checkout and it came to over 120Ôé¼ once everything was added on. I then discovered that that cheapest company you quoted would not ship to the UK. What would happen if the device failed anyway?


Prices on http://preissuchmachine.de are with VAT.

If the cheapest german reseller doesn't ship to Europe (sometimes a message to their customer support asking if the ship in other countries does help, they may give you their bank account information and you'll have to do a money transfer which means it'll take around 3 days before they receive the money before they ship it to you. It's cause they would be afraid of foreign credit card fraud and might not have implemented verified by visa/mastercard security systems yet.)

If the cheapest doesn't have them in stock or doesn't ship to your country, you go with the second cheapest that is usually only a few cents more expensive.

120Ôé¼ for the Wii Fit board is BS any ways.

I am sure UK resellers must have it around 75Ôé¼ as well, you just have to find the cheapest online resellers. There is no point in Germany being cheaper then the UK.

If the device fails you send it back to the reseller or to Nintendo depending on Nintendo's policy. But it most likely does not fail, Nintendo has one of the hugest quality control given the huge quantities they produce.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:37 pm
Posts: 996
Location: UK
Charbax wrote:
I am sure UK resellers must have it around 75Ôé¼ as well, you just have to find the cheapest online resellers. There is no point in Germany being cheaper then the UK.

I live here, they do not. I have checked over 10 sites. Why argue over such a silly thing? It's still a pretty cheap and fun accessory. It's all just back to you always having to be right even when faced with overwhelming evidence. Ridiculous.

Charbax wrote:
If the device fails you send it back to the reseller or to Nintendo depending on Nintendo's policy.

So I'd have to send it back to Germany at a horrendous cost instead of walking into a UK high street store.

_________________
Cat Dog Hi!


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
mitchelln wrote:
It's all just back to you always having to be right even when faced with overwhelming evidence. Ridiculous.


Sure this debate is absolutely completely ridiculous. What's the point in debating if the European Union is or is not in fact a reality? And that the EU brings an open and free market, customs-free EU-wide e-commerce. I mean comon. There is no more braindead conversation one can have online or offline.

I actually don't understand why I spent 36 seconds typing this reply.

It's like:

- The pope, does he exist or is it just fiction? duh... stupid stupid.. duh.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm 
Charbax wrote:
mitchelln wrote:
It's all just back to you always having to be right even when faced with overwhelming evidence. Ridiculous.


Sure this debate is absolutely completely ridiculous. What's the point in debating if the European Union is or is not in fact a reality? And that the EU brings an open and free market, customs-free EU-wide e-commerce. I mean comon. There is no more braindead conversation one can have online or offline.

I actually don't understand why I spent 36 seconds typing this reply.

It's like:

- The pope, does he exist or is it just fiction? duh... stupid stupid.. duh.


The stupidest thing in this whole post, is the Wii Fit. Jesus Christ, lazy ass's. Get off your ass, go running, and try lifting some weights. Sitting in front of a video game and "exercising" is hysterical. I can guarantee you that you may lose weight with the Wii Fit, but if you put the same amount of time in actually running and lifting weights, that you will see FAR better results. Tried the thing once, and it was one of the stupidest things I have ever used.

On a side note; you are basing the brilliance of the Wii solely on how many of them are going to be sold. By that theory, you are telling us that the iPhone is the cat's meow. It took you long enough, but thank you for finally admitting to Apple's superiority to what it's competitors offer.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:17 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 715
Charbax wrote
Quote:
Sure this debate is absolutely completely ridiculous. What's the point in debating if the European Union is or is not in fact a reality? And that the EU brings an open and free market, customs-free EU-wide e-commerce. I mean comon. There is no more braindead conversation one can have online or offline.

I actually don't understand why I spent 36 seconds typing this reply.

It's like:

- The pope, does he exist or is it just fiction? duh... stupid stupid.. duh.


I have no idea what this has to do with anything, but I do know that there have been 13000 views and zero support for rants like the above quote.

This started as news about a press conference which was supposed to be "big" as stated on the first page of this thread. Actually it says "really big" I think. Then nothing happens and it becomes ranting that goes as far as something about the Pope. Also note that nothing has been forthcoming from Archos about G6, just speculation carried to an extreme by people who should know better.

Video games for exercise is an oxymoron. If you want to exercise, exercise. Get some fresh air, walk, run, swim. Turn the TV off.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 4:37 pm
Posts: 996
Location: UK
Charbax wrote:
I actually don't understand why I spent 36 seconds typing this reply.

It's like:

- The pope, does he exist or is it just fiction? duh... stupid stupid.. duh.

This thread has been nothing like that kind of discussion. Whether the Pope exists is black and white.
On this thread there has been FUD posted, personal attacks against Nokia and Symbian staff, clueless rants about OS capabilities and simply bonkers stuff about Google running the world.

Mind you, if you had disagreed about the Pope existing it would not have been "duh.. stupid stupid". You would have banged on in the face of overwhelming evidence that he didn't if that is what you had decided.

You never, ever, back down and learn from people who know stuff. Not once, ever, have I seen you do this. Even when it has been demonstrated absolutely categorically that someone else is right. That is what winds people up. That is what causes these massive threads you claim to hate so much.

_________________
Cat Dog Hi!


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm 
mitchelln wrote:
Charbax wrote:
I actually don't understand why I spent 36 seconds typing this reply.

It's like:

- The pope, does he exist or is it just fiction? duh... stupid stupid.. duh.

This thread has been nothing like that kind of discussion. Whether the Pope exists is black and white.
On this thread there has been FUD posted, personal attacks against Nokia and Symbian staff, clueless rants about OS capabilities and simply bonkers stuff about Google running the world.

Mind you, if you had disagreed about the Pope existing it would not have been "duh.. stupid stupid". You would have banged on in the face of overwhelming evidence that he didn't if that is what you had decided.

You never, ever, back down and learn from people who know stuff. Not once, ever, have I seen you do this. Even when it has been demonstrated absolutely categorically that someone else is right. That is what winds people up. That is what causes these massive threads you claim to hate so much.


The man with the most knowledge, who refuses to listen to others, is the most ignorant person in the room.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
mitchelln wrote:
Mind you, if you had disagreed about the Pope existing it would not have been "duh.. stupid stupid". You would have banged on in the face of overwhelming evidence that he didn't if that is what you had decided.


So don't keep saying that the European Union doesn't exist. So don't keep saying that you cannot buy stuff over the Internet from any other country within the EU. Don't ever again reply to my posts about http://preissuchmachine.de prices dismissing it as some kind of unworthy financial principle. The whole point about the EU is to bring more competition and drive prices down in Europe. When stuff gets cheap in Germany, it gets cheaper in the other EU states, cause otherwise people just buy everything from Germany and the other EU states loose all the sales.

Discern MSRP to the price users of this forum can actually buy stuff for using the f#cking Internet, and don't keep wasting my time in BS Pope existentialism kind of craphead trash talk.

I never quote a http://preissuchmachine.de price without saying that it is a preis such machine price. Shipping from those cheap German resellers to Denmark costs usually between 8Ôé¼ and 15Ôé¼ and takes about 3 days using UPS or any of the other International package delivery services. I bought stuff from there dozens of times, it saves me a bunch of money. I know the EU f#cking works. So simply... stop it. You loose. Goodbye.


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:46 pm
Posts: 280
I had thought that Charbax's rant about Google's superiority was his attempt at some humor. Was he really serious??


Top
   
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am
Posts: 7052
Location: Copenhagen
Check this http://epic.makingithappen.co.uk

It's pretty consensual in the industry that Google is superior already in more and more fields of web technology. Sure some Google Beta projects aren't making a lot of money but most things Google launches usually quite consistently quickly becomes the best of the web for that type of service.

If sometimes Google doesn't succeed in terms of popularity and potential, then they acquire, such as Youtube, voice recognition in video, invideo advertising, invideo comments, web-based Office applications, Google Maps, Google Earth, Android, feedburner and a bunch of other parts of Google are based on acquisitions.

There are also rumors Google will acquire Skype (and perhaps make it more open) and they are implementing Digg-like features across all their services to provide social networking features that will probably beat all the current social networks. I can't wait for Google's Open Social to bring something that's better and makes much better sense then Facebook.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Hosted by Forumatic™