Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Backing up game data
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I impulse-brought the tablet on December 29th, and it's the first Android device I've ever owned. After using Windows for years and years, I'm feeling totally stupid as I try to work out how it all works.
One recent problem I've started having is that the My Little Pony game crashes at the logo screen. It's a known issue that Gameloft are being very slow to address and their advice is basically "disconnect from wifi and try again or wait for us to release an update, dunno when". It's one of those games where all the data is stored on the device, not in the cloud anywhere, so I'm reluctant to uninstall and reinstall it, especially as I've spent money on in-app currency. So I was wondering if it would be possible to back up my game data, reinstall, run the game to check it works and then try restoring my game data. Only I have no idea how to go about doing this. I installed App Backup and Restore and tested it with Angry Birds, but it wiped all my progress. Sooooo, can anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Backing up game data
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I haven't tired that game as yet but gameloft are normally quite good at customer service , I used to speak to them when I was playing online games on my dreamcast back in the day , if you got it from the google store you normally get 15minsof play and then can get a refund if you have problems or just dont like it.

but some big games take over 15mins to unzip and install and if thats the case email the company and tell them the problem and they should refund you , sega did for me with super monkey ball 2.

is it free to download if so I will download it and le you know what happens for me

Post subject: Re: Backing up game data
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It's a free download. Their customer support people got back to me and said it's not really compatible with the device, but if I reinstalled, they'd give me back the gems I'd brought. I've reinstalled and it's working for the moment, although I haven't got my gems back yet. I'd still like to know if I can back up the data though, just in case it happens again. I'd hate to lose all my gameplay a second time!

ETA: Starting looking into this some more because my daughter's tablet needs to be sent off for repair and I'd like to back up the data first. I had a go at playing around with the adb tools, but I just can't get the necessary save file to copy over, whenever I input the push command, I get a long helplist of various commands instead. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?