Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello There,

So I got myself a Archos Cobalt 80 Tablet for Christmas and I want to know what Apps and Games run the best on it , so far I have only tried a few but here is the best ones I have found so far , I know the Apps are quite basic but I haven't really got my teeth into the Tablet since getting it but i have the weekend off so I will be testing a number of Apps and Games and will update this post , So I am listing the games that I have downloaded which are the ones that I feel work best on this tablet.

Apps:
- Facebook
- Onlive
- EBay
- BBC News
- Steam
- Netflix

Games:
- Angry Birds
- Sonic CD
- Chu Chu Rocket
- Pitfall
- Jaws
- Scarface
- Theme Park
Updating more this weekend

So what are your thoughts , what are the best APPS and Games for the Archos Cobalt 80 , I have also found that if you have a SD Card and try to move the games over to save space for some reason the game thinks it isn't installed and then you will have to reinstall it and keep it on the tablet , only found this so far with Pitfall but will update if I find it happening to other games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Temple Run, The End app, Screen adjuster, Kobo, Cnet Global, Appy news to name a few more! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Really like the archos 80 cobalt 8" but have noticed two problems

I downloaded some games, space unlimited & tower defence plus others.

On space unlimited, some of the buttons do not lign up correctly, they overlap each other. It works fine on the nexus 7", and an earlier archos 10" tablet.. I assume its because the app developer has made it for 7" and 10" tablet not 8" tablet.

On the tower defence game I cant seem to press the start button to play it. All the other buttons work fine I can access the options etc etc, I have uninstalled the app and re downloaded it. Cant find anything online about others have a problem.

Tried a few other games, mind gone blank now but rpg game works great, and that zombie fps shooter which is great to, good graphics etc.

I am going to try some videos on it soon see how they play.

chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you both for your replies keep them coming :0)

has anyone else tried FPS games like CounterStrike Mobile and Duke Nukem 3D , never really been a fan of mobile FPS games but both of them on the Archos Cobalt 80 work quite well