Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've only owned the tablet a few days but have encountered a problem when uninstalling a specific game; shadow gun dead zone.

I've uninstalled the app several times and it removes the desktop shortcut each time but as soon I rotate the orientation of the device or turn it off and back in the desktop shortcut is back again.

I've tried an uninstaller app but the same thing happens.

If I try and move the icon to the 'remove' box at the too of the screen it just springs back into place.

How can I erase this goddamn app from my tablet?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I encountered this problem, and the only solution i foumd was to download a seperate launcher and it doesn't happen anymore. Im sure this will be fixed in a future firmware update, but for now just download Nova launcher, and tweak its settings to have it running identical to the stock launcher :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi
I have the exact same problem but on the application 'Best Apps Market'.

I'm not using Nova Launcher (as far as I'm aware).

Are there any other alternatives ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Literally the only alternative solution is another launcher, Nova Launcher is just the best one >.<

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

joshhanson wrote:
I've only owned the tablet a few days but have encountered a problem when uninstalling a specific game; shadow gun dead zone.

I've uninstalled the app several times and it removes the desktop shortcut each time but as soon I rotate the orientation of the device or turn it off and back in the desktop shortcut is back again.

I've tried an uninstaller app but the same thing happens.

If I try and move the icon to the 'remove' box at the too of the screen it just springs back into place.

How can I erase this goddamn app from my tablet?!

Hello there,

I had the same problem as I overloaded on installing Apps from the Marketplace after Santa was kind enough to leave one of these lovely tablets under my tree , the easiest way around this is to go into 'settings' and untick the box which states create a shortcut icon on home screen after app installs and this will stop it from happening.

Hope this Helps

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had this problem with the Spotify app. I realised I didnt have to pro account (or whatever its called) for Spotify so I coiuldnt play my music through the Cobalt as it was deemed to be a mobile device. I tried to uninstall but it left the widget on my front screen. It was early days, hadnt installed much else, so I reset the tablet completely.

Just a heads up about the app being glitchy, plus you need to top level account for Spotify to stream music.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there, I had this very annoying problem on my archos 80 cobalt and best way to fix it us to download the latest update on your PC and copy across into your tablet via USB.
This does not require you to install a new launcher.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ultma how do you do this? i have tried to get it from pc to tab and cant do it? help please