Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello! not quite sure where to post my concern. I saw the Gen10 forum and so I thought of posting it here.

I just bought an ARCHOS 80 XS. Everything worked fine except for some inconvenience on the keyboard/coverboard. Everytime the tablet goes to "sleep mode", the keyboard becomes unresponsive upon resuming activity on the tablet. I thought maybe because it went to "sleep mode" hence the "disabling" of the keyboard/coverboard. Is this how the keyboard/coverboard was designed or is it a glitch on the tablet/keyboard which I need to address to the shop where I bought it? I really like the product, great tech specs at an affordable price and so any info on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tyronne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Tyronne,

On the 101 XS there's an option in Settings->Battery->Dock->External accessory sleep.

By default it's set to sleep after 15mins however there's a second option to make sure it's never disabled. IME it hasn't really had too much of a negative impact on battery life, however you might decide otherwise. Unfortunately you can't specify any time longer than 15mins. It's either sleep after 15mins or sleep never.

Hopefully the above should apply on the 80 XS too. I'm running the Dec JB Firmware update.