Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Archos might have FINALLY nailed a product to hit all the bases (IMO). The Gamepad 2 looks like it has a shot.

Just hope the game controls, battery life and display are a LOT better than Gamepad 1. That was pretty bad, even compared to the JXD gaming devices.

BTW, the one negative is they are offering an 8gb and 16gb. Since apps2sd only moves the apk file, this space is too small for large games like for Gameloft and Electronic Arts. Those games have
apk files that are about 5mb and data folders that can not be moved to sd card that are 1.5GB to 2.2GB. Archos should have offered 16gb/32gb instead due to the apps2sd restrictions.

I wonder if Archos has found a way to get the data files moved instead? HTC and Samsung could not get this to work, so only the APK files can be moved. Jellybean and higher have problems moving the data files to external sd card. Since the Gamepad 2 comes with two games that are 4GB total in size, does this mean the 8Gb only has about 2GB free and about 9GB for the 16GB version?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I think they have a real app2sd support:

Quote:
Storage for Games – play more

The ARCHOS GamePad 2 is available in two storage flavors - 8GB and 16GB – so you have space for the games that you download. Both versions include a microSD slot (64GB compatible) with app2SD support for the extra space that you’ll need for games and multimedia.

For my gamepad 1 I've also installed a modified ROM with real app2sd support.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Any news on when Gamepad 2 hits the shops in UK? It was supposed to be end of October but all is silence on Google!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm looking too but still no joy.