Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Gamepad 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all, just registered.

I've been looking into getting a couple of the gamepad 2's for my two kids this Christmas but they seem in short supply everywhere (except maybe Archos themselves at a high price tag). I'm thinking they're trying to run down the stock of the original GP before making the new one available....

Anyway, if anyone knows where in the UK I can get a couple of these at a reasonable price, let me know here;)

Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Gamepad 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Steve,
I've been trying to get one too without success. Even the Archos official site sais they weren't shipping until second week of December which I thought was sailing a bit close to the wind,
I went on the forums at Archtablet news and one of the administrators said I should look at the JXD s7800b as an alternative! After a bit of research on internet reviews, youtube etc, I took the plunge and ordered one for Christmas. I've taken a sneaky peak and it certainly looks the biz, very similar to the Gamepad 2.
Would have loved a Gamepad 2 though. Archos are really missing a trick here and to be honest, have really peeved me as I like their products. I mean, Christmas is coming for goodness sake!
Anyway, let me know if you have any luck!!

Stop Press - that message on Archos online store about availability in secong week of December has gone - maybe they are shipping again? Just wish they were more responsive!!! :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've now found a couple of retailers - https://www.com-solutions.co.uk/m4n?sei ... ery=archos and http://www.stuff-uk.net/p-1532337.aspx? ... tAodhH4Anw .

Both around the same price too (£155 ish) but as you say, it depends on whether they can deliver this close to chrimbo....Might end up getting a ps4 for the kids instead....Ho hum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Any word on US release or distributors? I haven't been able to even find any on eBay yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've noticed a few sightings on the web now but as you say, there is an uncertainty as to Christmas delivery. Has anyone contacted any of these sellers - I'm going to try today hopefully.
Everyone seems so vague about it, even the fan sights and Archos should be ashamed of themselves and tell us what is going on!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The cynic in me wonders if Archos have had a backhander from the likes of Samsung/Apple to hold off selling them 'till after chrimbo....

I can't even find the JXD's to buy now. This close to the big day I'll be looking at buying in person as they wont be delivered in time if posted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Steve,
There is a firm on eBay who are selling the jxd for approx. £143. When I last looked they had 8 left. I bought mine from them a week ago. They are based in Cork. I live north of the border and it arrived 3 days later. Have checked it before hiding away and it seems fine - it is also the 7800b as advertised which is the version to go for.
You should get it in time for Christmas.
Incidentally someone commented on the Trusted Reviews website that the JXD piddles all over the Archos (although not in such words!)
Who knows what is happening with the Archos but let's look out in January! Still like the look of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

JXD S7800B, 7-inch, Quad Core 1.4GHz,2GB RAM, ARM Mali-400 MP4 GPU, is very good for emulator gaming in my opinion.