Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Dead Gamepad
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have downloaded the rooted firmware from December, put it onto the root of the Gamepad, it picked it up and asked if I wanted to update, I selected yes, the Gamepad checked the update and restarted, the screen stayed black so I left it for awhile, I have come back to it and when it boots now, it shows the green Android laying on it's back with its belly open and a red exclamation mark, Is my Gamepad dead, or can I resurrect it?

Post subject: Re: Dead Gamepad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm 

When it's in that screen, you should be able to get it to update if you download the official firmware (or re-download the rooted firmware) and drop it onto the root folder of your micro-SD card. When it boots into that screen, it should find the firmware and begin the update. Chances are, you probably had a corrupt download before. It found the firmware, but likely failed to update to the firmware for whatever reason.
Delete that firmware from your micro-SD, and drop either an official firmware, or a freshly downloaded custom firmware onto the same spot on the micro-SD.